Map File Too Big...

K

Kibawolf

I just added one skin to my map. Now it says "The map file is too big, please choose another map" when I try to open it in Warcraft III.

Did I do something wrong or can my map just not handle the skins/models?

I just added one skin to my map. Now it says "The map file is too big, please choose another map" when I try to open it in Warcraft III.

Did I do something wrong or can my map just not handle the skins/models?

** Sorry forgot to add: I've seen other maps where all of thier characters have custom skins and custom moves and stuff. Mine isn't all that fancy - I have a custom loading screen, music, and one custom skin. I can't imagine this is correct...

Anyone know how to fix my issue, if there is one? Or do I just need to keep skins off my map?

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
You need to compress your music, it takes up alot of space

I'll get link in a second, and confirm email so you dont have to double post ;)

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
When does it say it's too big? When you're on battlenet? If that's the case then your map exceeds 4MB, can't be more then that, and if it is... It'll take aaaaaaagggggggeeeeeeeeesssssss to download anyway.

K

Kibawolf

I did notice that my music and backround took the most memory.
(Music being 643 KB and the Backround loading screenTL being 768 KB along with LoadingScreenBL at 384 KB)

I downloaded the Audacity program and looked around it. I coudlnt' find anywhere on how to shrink the file size. I also looked in the "About us" and didn't find instructions how to do it either. Would you mind assisting me with this?

BTW if any one who's helping me has AIM and is willing to help me through that, feel free to let me know your s/n and I'll IM you.

Thanks in advance for the help! (And the help already given!)

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Man that aint a TON of space. Don't know why your having troubles with the textures/models. Do models show up when your not in B.net? Does map work when you test it out of B.net? Maybe one of the models/textures is corrupt. What does the error message say when it says your map is too big? post a screenshot.

I know I got a memory violation error when I had a corrupt model imported in my map.(I was making my model. Turned out to be somthing I did wrong when making particle emitters in model)

Look at the tool section at www.hiveworkshop.com or www.wc3campaigns.net they have a .mdx squisher there that decreases model size. For the music compression I dunno they might have somthing. But compressing the files isn't your problem because its not that huge a filesize.

I got Audacity too. Its for editing sound files.

K

Kibawolf

Man that aint a TON of space. Don't know why your having troubles with the textures/models. Do models show up when your not in B.net? Does map work when you test it out of B.net? Maybe one of the models/textures is corrupt. What does the error message say when it says your map is too big? post a screenshot.

I know I got a memory violation error when I had a corrupt model imported in my map.(I was making my model. Turned out to be somthing I did wrong when making particle emitters in model)

Look at the tool section at www.hiveworkshop.com or www.wc3campaigns.net they have a .mdx squisher there that decreases model size. For the music compression I dunno they might have somthing. But compressing the files isn't your problem because its not that huge a filesize.

I got Audacity too. Its for editing sound files.

When I"m actually IN the Editor program, the skins/models will display. On battlenet and on the "test", the models do not appear. :(

I didn't think the music size was that big either. I got the skins directly from www.hiveworkshop.com. My friend has the same skins in his map and they work fine. I don't know why it would be bugged for me. I don't know if I have a custom path wrong, or if I did something incorrectly during the "model file" part.

I'd really appreciate it if someone who has AIM would speak to me while I'm doing this to ensure I'm doing everything correctly. Because from the forums stuff, it seems like I've done everything correctly. But I don't know, maybe if I'm going step-by-step through it with someone, we'll find an error I may have caused.

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Posting your map here might help.

Edit: Oh sorry. I see your still awaiting email confirmation. PM an admin to get that fixed.

K

Kibawolf

Posting your map here might help.

Edit: Oh sorry. I see your still awaiting email confirmation. PM an admin to get that fixed.

I woudln't mind giving it to an individual, but I really dont' want to put it on public forums. I'd be afraid of someone taking it and giving credit to themselves or somethin'. I've spent a LOT of time (enough to make me go crazy over this thing) and I don't want to have someone think someone else made it. Paranoia gets the best of me ><

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.