WIP Map idea - Very dungeon based RPG

wechuks

Reaction score
Lately i have been toying with WE, and have come to a an idea of a map. I am not sure if it can be called RPG map at all.

Idea:
Basic idea is this - at begining of game , you can choose one of X heroes, each of them fulfills a role in group - dps,healer,tank,support. They all start at level one with aset of abilitys. Only way of level them further is by completing dungeons(like las boss droping item for +1 level)

Dungeons:
The point of the game. There will be no or little things to do outside of the dungeons, so they will have to be chalenging and unique. I was thinking of them having hard bosses with diferent abilitys, which would require some strategy and thinking, not simplyzerging them down. Each boss would be unique in concept. Dungeons would be incresing in dificulty, so you wont be able to do the coolest one without completing and gearing up in lesser ones.

What the game shall feature:
  • Save/Load system
  • About 10 dungeons(4-8 boss in each)
  • Item sets&enchantments
  • About 20 unique heroes
Cant think of any thing else right now, alltough i am sure there shall be more...

So basicly what i want to know is what you think ofsuch a map concept?
questionsand suggestionsare welcome.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Only way of level them further is by completing dungeons(like las boss droping item for +1 level)

I don't like this..
the hero who picks up the item levels-up
so if you play it in multiplayer it would suck
the exp should be shared among all heroes when they kill the boss

I think it would be better that the hero who dealt most and has taken most damage from the boss will get most exp, forcing the players to fight the boss more or make a "Party" system where all allied heroes get the same amount of exp

anyway sounds like a good idea

wechuks

Reaction score
Idea was of making you gain that level only once from each boss, and all who partcipated in kill gets it, not sure how to implent it tough :)

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
first create some group, I'll name it HeroGroup

now during boss fight you'll need custom values of units, so if you gonna use custom values in spells (when making them MUI) this wont work...

create a region at boss's location and every time a hero enters it add him to the HeroGroup and when he leaves it remove him from the group

but before that make sure their custom values are set to 0

and make this trigger:

Trigger:
  • trigger1
    • events
      • every 1.00 second of game time
    • conditions
    • actions
    • unit group - pick every unit in HeroGroup and do actions
      • loop
        • unit - set the custom value of picked unit to custom value of picked unit + 1
        • if then else
          • if boss is dead equal to true and custom value of picked unit is greater than or equal to [now put some number that indicates how many seconds the hero spent in fighting the boss, I'll put at least 60 seconds] 60
          • then
            • hero - add XXX experience to picked unit
            • trigger - turn off this trigger

this should do it :thup:

however if the heroes are NOT in the region when the boss dies they wont get any exp at all

emilemil1

Reaction score
When they enter the dungeon, add them to a unit group.

When the boss dies, loop the leveling trigger with the unit group.

When they exit the dungeon, remove them from the unit group or destroy it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.