Map Init fails..

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hi all.

This is the second time now. The first time it failed, I looked and looked but couldn't find any solution, so I reverted to an older edit, and continued from there. Now it's happened again and I am capable of once again reverting, but thought I'd ask here first. I noticed that after changing variables (ones that I had copied and pasted from other maps and therefore resetting their array length to [1]) to whatever I did, some of them to [1000] then testing the map, Map Initialisation just simply failed.
I have no idea what could be causing this, but guessed that others must have experienced this at some point before me. Anyone got any clues?

Edit: I saw one other post about this just now that claimed the same issue when looking at large array sizes. May I ask: What does the community think about the optimum size for a variable that is used in conjunction with an integer variable which sets unique values and passes them to a unit's custom value for use in MUI periodic triggers and such?
I've used [1000] because I learnt the method from a guide, but perhaps [1000] is simply far too big? If I have 8 players maximum, and each of the 8 may have the same hero unit that uses the ability that must be MUI, it surely must not need to be [1000] right?

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Update-- Elapsed time with 1.00 second didn't work either. I'm getting a hunch that it's taking too long to load all those arrays, so it glosses over the triggers that are required to run so early.

Update 2-- After playing around with array sizes, I found that at the very least, using real arrays one must use as low a number as possible. When even changing ONE array's size to around 6000, the map started to not work. Some triggers would work and others would not. Changing a unit array's size to around the same didn't do anything however, and I found no problem in making several variables of the same high size without noticing any issues. I don't have the patience to test every single variable, but hope this information will help someone else. I will choose to set my array sizes to as small a size as possible, and am aiming for about 70 as the highest.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.