Map Size Limit For Single Player?

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I have a map that's 17 MB for the single player version, but it won't show up on my list in game. It works fien when I open it with the editor and test it. So does it try to enforce the 8MB limit in single player?

I also had to create a new MPQ archive from scratch to fit all the files in, since MPQ archives have a limit that can't be changed once they're made, and then moved all of the files from my map and my patch file into the archive and renamed it to have a W3X extension. Would this be a problem?

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the 8mb is enforced aswell, you could also try optimizing it.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had maps not show up if they are in a different folder under the maps directory. Is your map in the main Maps folder in your Warcraft III directory?

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
It doesn't seem to matter what folder the map is in. It doesn't show up if I put it in the main Maps folder, or any sub directory.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
It's possible the map's file name is too long (unless it's named something that obviously isn't, eg. "test.w3x". :D)

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Just tested with a smaller name. Still nothing, and at least one other map in my folder with a much logner name works just fine.

[Edit]: The map in question is this one, in case anyone wants to try it for themselves: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/526357/(2)ChangelingMeleeBetaNoPatch1.1.w3x

It also doesn't seem to have anything to do with the period in the name, as the other map that shows up has one, and I've tested others with similar names.

TomTTT

Reaction score
Tried it, and your right. Doesn't work from in-game. got nothing else to say i never saw a map that big xD

[EDIT] wow only now i saw the map and played it from the WE.... that's amazing! no wonder it's so big. So many new races. tried Void. gotta say your creative :)
That was probably a huge dedication... How long did it take you?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.