Mardlia ORPG

Shadows

Reaction score
Storyline...

Mardlia, the goddess of life, descended long ago to the realm of Arnak, a desolate planet. Mardlia was displeased with the state of the planet and decided to take action. She created the forests, which spread far and wide accost the plains, high above the mountains and deep beneath the seas. Pleased with her work, she then created creatures to inhabit the new found prosperous land. The creatures however, were not pleased. They soon left the teachings of Mardlia and went about rampaging threw the lands destroying much of her work. Mardlia, confused and angered by there sudden change in behavior created superior races over the creatures. These superior races began to learn the ways of survival, and slowly, became masters of the realm of Arnak. Pleased with her work, Mardlia descended to Arnak and began to live among the superior races, until the day she may be needed again.

I proudly present, Mardlia ORPG.

------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, on to the main point which you all are probably dieing to know about this map. Here is the jist of what's going on. This ORPG will hopefully not be like any of the current ORPG's out right now. Firstly, it's going to be difficult to get threw the "ranking system" that I have began to set up. I am not going to give away much of this map until I release my first demo (you can probably expect this in 2-3 weeks from the time of this post). Sorry, It would be a lot sooner, But I will be leavening for a vacation very, very soon. And I no-longer have a laptop to continue working on it. So sorry there will be some delay.

Code:
First Relase, "Mardlia ORPG Demo Map"
Thats right folks. I will be releaseing a demo map for everyone to play and
mess around on. Firstly, since it is just a demo map, I will be dubbleing the
amount of exp that you can gain (since there is no save/load code implimented). 
This is the first release of the map which will be intended for
mainly gathering comments and peoples concernes on the map. Within a few
weeks a fully playable map should be up and running with a save/load, along
with a ton of new features/additions. Anyway, I will include a little bit about
what you will be finding in the first starting town...

Terrain Related
 + Starting Town, "Rankor"
     "This is a small starting town, one of four, which will serve as the only
      way of accessing the rest of the map for now. You will notice when you
      start the game that this will be the only one accessable."
 + Rankor Forests + Bonus Terrain
     " I added a little extra terrain around what I was going to, to include 
       some slightly higher level creeps for your amusement."
 + Rankor Dungeon
     " We have also included a "Easy"-level dungeon which will be one of the
       main quests from the town of Rankor. This quest is based for people
       from levels 6 - 15."

Trigger Related
 + Nessessary Triggers
     " I will not go into detail about any of my triggers, most of which will be
       explained in the quest log's when you begin playing the map. Thanks!"

Hero's
 + Peasant Hero
     " The only hero availible will be the Peasant hero, Whos level cap is at 15"

Anyway, to wrap this up quickly, we have done a lot of various things to make this game very fun for everyone. I can only suggest 2-3 players for this demo map due to the size. If you had many more, it would be very crouded. As of now, myself and Larcenist are going to be doing some last minuite testing to the map. The download will be uploaded to this post before the end of the night though. I hope you enjoy.

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Ugh, one question, do you really want to develope a huge rpg project?
Anyway storyline seems pretty attractive, I wanna give you a survival idea ^^

64x64 map, black sky, dirt+sand terrain (or forest style) is raised corectly to create round form, and vualia - We have The Moon, othervise - The Realm Of Arnak (sounds pretty good name to me)
Heros stands in the middle baracks, and survive Mardlia's creatures fury or something ^^
Anyway if you will make orpg, good luck ;]

Shadows

Reaction score
Hah.. Like praise from the devil. =D

Anyway yeah, I really do want to make a huge RPG. I fully intend to make this first map and have basically everything in it. I might "POSSIBLY" create extensions for this map, so lets say, a nice 192x192 map which is entirely devoted to a dungeon, which would have the same save/load trigger so you can play on both. Though, that would come much later in development. Anyway, I want people to really enjoy playing this game. Myself and my partner have begun working on it. He will be doing stuff until I return on march 10th (or so).

~ I intend on releasing a "pre-demo" map eventually just so people get a good perspective on whats in the map (estimated it will probably be in 3 weeks time). Then a larger demo maybe a week later that will be fully playable. Assumeing me and Larcenist can get enough done in time.

Currently, as of now, we have very little in terms of the scale of the map. The very base of the map contains the Peasant Hero (nearly completed), the first few creeps (level 1-10), one of 3 starting towns terrained, along with a small creep area beside it. We are also beginning to develop some of the systems in the game, a good example is the creep re spawn system, and bounty systems.

Vamp1re

Reaction score
omg i love the story, seems like a good orpg i hope u finish it quickly so i can play keep good work

Shadows

Reaction score
As of now I am unaware of were the devlopment for the pre-demo stands. I know do however know for certainity that I will most likely be releaseing something in terms of a pre-demo (pre refering to the fact that there will not be a save/load code) within two-three weeks. It will encumpas all of the basic features of the game, being primarly quests, ranking systems, and everything else that is nessessary in the game to play. It will consist of 3-4 areas, as well as two smaller quests, and one large "party-quest".

None of this is for certain mind you, but at the very least, I will have a better idea Monday when I return from my vacation. Hopefully I can write an update then.

Also, thank you for the regards. I promis I will not let you down.

Shadows

Reaction score
~~~Update~~~

A breif update/bump for everyone involved or intrested in seeing the map. My partner has done some work on the map during my absence and now that I am on my way home (At the present time, I am currently at the Delta Airport in Orlando Flordia) and will be there in approximatly 6-8 hours depending on if my flight gets delayed or not. I will be looking thuroughly at the map tonight. My next update should be near the end of the week, being Saturday/Sunday. I expect I should be close to a Demo map by this time. Thank you everyone for being patient, I can't wait to start mapping again! =D

Shadows

Reaction score
~Update~
The Demo map will be posted in the starter post later tonight. I just wanted everyone intrested to know that we are mainly looking for comments from anyone whom tests the map. This is not really intended for people to play on fully, but gives you a very good idea of what will be in the end result. Please, post any comments you have in this thread, or even give me a reputation indicateing that you enjoyed it or disliked it. At least it will help me figure out if people enjoy playing it or not.

Shadows

Reaction score
I'm sorry for double posting like this but I am currently in need of a tester to help me with some basic testing for the game. It will be a completely first person basis, since I only need one person for this to work. Please contact me either by posting here A.S.A.P, or even messaging me on MSN at [email protected]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.