• yes

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • no

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
i have some ideas if your intrested, to make it so that u cant click to do damage make a var called like, p1life=10,p2life=10 , have some ability like thunderclap(have it be like KICK lol) and make its aoe low, then have an event with if unit cast ability, condition - ability being cast = KICK, then- if(the other "fighter") is within <insert # here> range then make it - (a certain number amount from a variable, and for the hp bar, make it a custom fade screen: make a crapload of variations of the fade screen each showing both of the players with diffrent amounts of life, then make a event that every .01 seconds it checks the life vars and lets say ,p1 life=9 and p2 life=10(full) then apply custom fade screen(one with 9/10 of a bar for p1 and full bar for p2) so yeah, then u can have it like if p1life=0, kill unit(p1) then u can have some winning cinematic, i hope i helped or even made any sense ^^

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
mixmax2 said:
i have some ideas if your intrested, to make it so that u cant click to do damage make a var called like, p1life=10,p2life=10 , have some ability like thunderclap(have it be like KICK lol) and make its aoe low, then have an event with if unit cast ability, condition - ability being cast = KICK, then- if(the other "fighter") is within <insert # here> range then make it - (a certain number amount from a variable, and for the hp bar, make it a custom fade screen: make a crapload of variations of the fade screen each showing both of the players with diffrent amounts of life, then make a event that every .01 seconds it checks the life vars and lets say ,p1 life=9 and p2 life=10(full) then apply custom fade screen(one with 9/10 of a bar for p1 and full bar for p2) so yeah, then u can have it like if p1life=0, kill unit(p1) then u can have some winning cinematic, i hope i helped or even made any sense ^^
it made sence but y dont i just make a spell move tunderclap named punch and give it 100 range a the attack animation then i am done and if they anit in range then they miss?

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
/cry : i have a tendency for making things more complicated then they really are and or should be :banghead:

btw i forgot to mention, really great idea and i have not seen any fighting games .......EVER.

U are a noob

Reaction score
DDRtists said:
How many characters are there going to be?
Well thats a hard question but you see the dc, marvel, and surprise gues lists those charaters are gonna be i for sure so thats how much i know are going to be made right now. :rolleyes:

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
then you have alot of work cut out for you, the number of chars is crrrrrazy man! :eek:

btw are u gonna find models for em? or are u just gonna use generic wc3 models ? :rolleyes:

U are a noob

Reaction score
mixmax2 said:
then you have alot of work cut out for you, the number of chars is crrrrrazy man! :eek:
no the top list are charaters not the bottom i only got proably fifty
mixmax2 said:
btw are u gonna find models for em? or are u just gonna use generic wc3 models ? :rolleyes:
some.Only if some one can make me some models i wonder who can. if any wants to make me some models PM(privite message) me.

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
looks cool but i recommend moving the camera closer to the units, in most fighting games the chars on some of the bigger things seen on the screen, but in the pics its the backround. looks very cool though ;)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
So there is only 1 arena? you should have at least 4, so all 8 people can fight at the same time, and i reccomend 6, and having a max of 12 players, since there is nothing stopping it from being that big. and of course theres no reason to limit it to 6, there can be tons, for lots of variation, the more the better.

And go easy on the models/skins, as you don't want the game to be humongous, 1-2 megs is usually maximum, especially for something starting out. which is why the warcraft fight seemed like such a good idea, with no imported models. but of course you seem set on these other things, so just try to cut down on custom skins as much as possible.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
So there is only 1 arena? you should have at least 4, so all 8 people can fight at the same time, and i reccomend 6, and having a max of 12 players, since there is nothing stopping it from being that big. and of course theres no reason to limit it to 6, there can be tons, for lots of variation, the more the better.

And go easy on the models/skins, as you don't want the game to be humongous, 1-2 megs is usually maximum, especially for something starting out. which is why the warcraft fight seemed like such a good idea, with no imported models. but of course you seem set on these other things, so just try to cut down on custom skins as much as possible.

Or you could have more than one arena, as in a fire arena, a ice ( well not those kinds, but that genaral idea ) :) and have it randomly selcet one.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
uh, thats what i meant.

U are a noob

Reaction score
AgentPaper said:

well it can only be 10 players cuz i need player 12 for some stuff
i am not sure about anding more arenas i dont even no how to the tournament started let alone more arenas
I got some really cool pix that i cant put in cuz not enought space. just type your email down and ill send some to you!
Let me show you one of my favorites its called the "FIRE HAMMER"

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Just some suggestions... Can be made so camera is moving not so strict to player unit like in racing games when you accelerate then camera moves back. As much as i have seen from pics half screen is in underground, one way is make that they fight on cliff or on mountain... just idea. Bright line where they fight bothers me little bit but its only my opinion. Keep up the good work :eek:
EDIT:
attachment.php

I mean this bright line where they are fighting not spell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.