HAS A FIGHTING GAME BEEN DONE BEFORE

• yes

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • no

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters
S

Slaughter

The battlefield will be a line (one dimensional) on the ground, or a patch of ground (two dimensional, square, circular, w/e) that players can circle around in. I didn't count the vertical direction because Warcraft treats units as though they are all in the same place vertically, except for the purpose of animation/display. (For instance, if you are 400 range from a flying unit with flying height 300, you can attack it if your attack range is 450, while your projectiles's path from launch to target is 500 units long in three-dimensional space. :))

Ok, uareanoob (I keep thinking I'm busting on you every time I say your name...><) so the 'moves' are abilities, presumably all based on non-targeting instant-cast spells. How many are there? Even Super Smash Brothers, which is SUPER light on number of moves, has something like 18 moves per character, plus jump and crouch and shield. But forget about moves for now.

How do you move left and right, and if you can jump, how do you do it?

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Slaughter said:
The battlefield will be a line (one dimensional) on the ground, or a patch of ground (two dimensional, square, circular, w/e) that players can circle around in. I didn't count the vertical direction because Warcraft treats units as though they are all in the same place vertically, except for the purpose of animation/display. (For instance, if you are 400 range from a flying unit with flying height 300, you can attack it if your attack range is 450, while your projectiles's path from launch to target is 500 units long in three-dimensional space. :))

Ok, uareanoob (I keep thinking I'm busting on you every time I say your name...><) so the 'moves' are abilities, presumably all based on non-targeting instant-cast spells. How many are there? Even Super Smash Brothers, which is SUPER light on number of moves, has something like 18 moves per character, plus jump and crouch and shield. But forget about moves for now.

How do you move left and right, and if you can jump, how do you do it?
i have enouigh spells.
keyboard movent keys

S

Slaughter

Will there be 'low' and 'high' attacks? Blocking? Will you be able to jump in with an attack?

U are a noob

Reaction score
Slaughter said:
Will there be 'low' and 'high' attacks? Blocking? Will you be able to jump in with an attack?
"LOW AND HIGH"- will be hard to do but i am trying to work on it.
Jump in- i have a 50% funtion that allows you to attack when you jump in.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
did you ever fix all your leaks, and did you get my jump to work on your map?

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
This is a great idea. I would like to provide a little input though.

I noticed that your spelling in posts is sometimes very bad. I have also seen you use bad english. I only bring this up, because I don't want to see that stuff in this game. The concept is cool, so I would hope the game would be as polished as you can make it.

Do not have as many heros as you do now on your list. Too many heros means you don't spend a lot of time on them, or they aren't balanced or original. There is no reason to have like 20+ heros, unless they are all going to be unique and balanced. I know that you can't do that by yourself unless you spend LOTS AND LOTS of time on it. I recommend just starting out with like 10 guys, fixing up the game then adding characters in subsequent versions. I could help you with this map in terms of character development and balance if you need it.

The terrain does need some work. That mase guy said he could help. Since the whole game is going to be taking place in the corridor, it seems only fair that you make it as nice as possible. Doodads, effects etc.

A whole new idea would be to have multiple arenas. So in your map make like 3-5 cooridors. You could have like snow, jungle, forest, desert and ocean. The players can then pick one and the units would be transported to the specified column. That would be fucking awesome.

Anyway, good luck with the map. Do indeed stay away from music. I hate ingame music and I know a lot of people who turn it off and listen to their own stuff. Save yourself the time and the map space, and forgot about music.

Please provide input for my map, Tropical Tag.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
uareanoob said:
didnt fix any leaks the toss in my map wont even work

what did you screw up when importing? looked fine to me

U are a noob

Reaction score
alright at this point i noticed that there are to many heros can any one tell what herso i should use?
Each Race(DC MARVEL CAPCOM) will have 7 charaters. Totall 21. I am looking to see what you guys think i should use.
Marvel
1.Wolferine (Maybe)
Capcom
1.Mega man (Maybe)
DC
1.SuperMan (Maybe)

Yoshii

Reaction score
use a character from super street fighter(capcom) on snes;P either Ken, Ryu or Chun-li(the chinese girl) those are cool

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
OK, the fact that you spelled WOLVERINE wrong disturbs me...

Here's my 7 choices for DC and Marvel. (Don't know many Capcom's)

Marvel:
Wolverine
Spiderman
Carnage (Hey, you never said no bad guys! Carnage kicks ass! :D)
Gambit
Storm
Rogue
Cyclops

DC:
Raven (Teen Titans, if you don't know her)
Batman
Green Lantern
Superman
The Flash
Wonder Woman
The Martian Manhunter

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
uarenoob, you have to do something about your spelling and grammar.

Let someone edit everything in the game to fix all the grammatical errors that are bound to exist.

You know what I think when I see retarded looking text in a load screen, tooltip or game description? SHIT GAME!

However, I try and give the game a chance. Do you think random bnet noobs are going to do the same?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Karawasa said:

Let someone edit everything in the game to fix all the grammatical errors that are bound to exist.

You know what I think when I see retarded looking text in a load screen, tooltip or game description? SHIT GAME!

However, I try and give the game a chance. Do you think random bnet noobs are going to do the same?

That was mean dude, how do you know his primary langauge is english? He could be german, and atempting to speak it so he can get some help, and is going to produce the game in german. :eek:

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to attack the game or come across as mean.

I included the SHIT MAP part because I want him to be aware of what people think when they see certain things.

I think its a fair assumption that the game isn't going to be made in German. I understand that he is foreign and needs grammatical help. That is why I advised him to have a friend go through the game and fix everything.

I personally don't think the post was mean overall. The goal of the post is to make uarenoob aware of the text errors and know the importance of them. If I accomplished this, then I am satisfied.

U are a noob

Reaction score
Alexander said:
OK, the fact that you spelled WOLVERINE wrong disturbs me...

Here's my 7 choices for DC and Marvel. (Don't know many Capcom's)

Marvel:
Wolverine
Spiderman
Gambit
Storm
Rogue
Cyclops

DC:
Raven (Teen Titans, if you don't know her)
Batman
Green Lantern
Superman
The Flash
Wonder Woman
The Martian Manhunter
ok ill try to use some of the charaters you posted
Karawasa said:

umm i didnt ask for you to tell me what i spelled wrong. but i anit english and it is not my first language. ok
i want posts about CHARATERS PZL

E

Elf-Beast

Alexander said:
Marvel:
Wolverine
Spiderman
Gambit
Storm
Rogue
Cyclops
That seems like an awful lot of x-men to me. Even though x-men are kick-ass, I think you should expand the range of the Marvel Universe.
My suggestion:
Wolverine
Hulk
Elektra
Spiderman
Captain America
Magneto
Sue Storm

This is more diverse as it has heroes from many comics (X-Men, Daredevil/Elektra,Spiderman,Avengers,Hulk,Fantastic Four) It also contains 2 potential Str heroes, 3 potential Agility Heroes, and 2 potential Int heroes, making a balanced team.

*Oh ya, Aquaman is a classic DC hero. You gotta include him.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Elf-Beast said:
*Oh ya, Aquaman is a classic DC hero. You gotta include him.

What if there's no water in the map? :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.