Mastery System Preview

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Blizzard plans to release with Cataclysm a pretty cool new system to the game, the Mastery System. With the mastery system they plan to do away with static talents in talent trees such as those which increase your damage or healing by X% or provide you with X% more stats. The plan is to move those into the Mastery System to allow players to spend talents into more “fun” and “interesting” talents such as Blast Wave.

As you can see below, each mastery gives three bonuses, one increasing your dps or healing, one increasing your stats, and the last one giving a special passive.

Holy Priest
For each talent point spent in the Holy tree, the priest also gets:

* Healing – Improves your healing by X%.
* Meditation – Improves your mana regeneration from Spirit in combat. This would likely replace the existing Meditation talent from the Discipline tree, which many Holy priests consider to be a “must-have.” Regeneration will also probably be determined by whether you are in or out of combat, and not the “five-second rule.
* Radiance – Adds a heal-over-time effect to direct heals, such as Flash Heal. Mastery on gear would boost this bonus, and no other talent tree would grant it.

Read all here.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Well it's certainly going to make gear considerably less complex. I'm still not sure how I feel about it, however, there are enough awesome things in Cata for me not to care that much.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.