Maximum Map Size Tweak?

nolabel

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any way to make a map in the world editor for wc3 that come how allows the map to be way bigger than the maximum given options that it currently provides editors with? Like is there any mods for the editor that would crack this and allow maps to be made a lot bigger or something like that?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
What size do you mean? The size of the map bounds or the size of the file of the map.
The file-size cannot be any bigger if you want to play the map on B-Net. For Lan games or single player it can be as large as you'd like.

If you are talking about the size of the map bounds you can use the outdated (and not recommended) WEU (world editor unlimited) or the newer JNGP (Jass New Gen Pack). Both should allow you to resize the map up to 480 x 480. Which really is the absolute maximum.

nolabel

Reaction score
What size do you mean? The size of the map bounds or the size of the file of the map.
The file-size cannot be any bigger if you want to play the map on B-Net. For Lan games or single player it can be as large as you'd like.

If you are talking about the size of the map bounds you can use the outdated (and not recommended) WEU (world editor unlimited) or the newer JNGP (Jass New Gen Pack). Both should allow you to resize the map up to 480 x 480. Which really is the absolute maximum.

Okay well I downloaded JNGP, now how do I increase the map size beyond blizzards world editor limits? And for the record I'm talking about the playable area, not the actual file size.

Wratox1

Reaction score
either you choose it when you make a new map or you go to scenario -> Map Size and Camera Bounds

Then make sure the Modify Map Bounds is checked, then just click the arrows to make the map bigger

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
If i remember correctly you need to check a certain option in JNGP's menu first before you can do it. I think it was called "enable no limits" but i am not sure since i havent used it for quite a while.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.