Memory Leak Clarification

Xbing

Reaction score
i removed/destroyed anything that can leak but after using leak checker it said that i have a memory leak on 2 things which i was actually quite sure were not leaking. the 2 functions were:
Trigger:
  • Set Game_Message_UV_PG = (Player group((Owner of (Sold unit))))
    • Game - Display to Game_Message_UV_PG the text: You can only have 1...
    • Custom script: call DestroyForce (udg_Game_Message_UV_PG)

and

Trigger:
  • Set Mi_DM_Point[1] = ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 750.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)
    • Unit - Create 1 MiDummy for Player 1 (Red) at Mi_DM_Point[1] facing Default building facing degrees
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Mi_DM_Point[1])

so are they leaking or not? do they need extra variables?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
First one does not leak. Second one leaks Position of (Triggering unit), which you must also store to a separate variable and remove afterward.

Rushhour

Reaction score
But you really shouldn't do the first one like this. You need 3 lines, a variable and you're already using a custom script.
So why don't you just do
CustomScript: call DisplayTextToPlayer(GetOwningPlayer(GetSoldUnit()),0.,0.,"YOUR MESSAGE HERE")

that would be all ;)

Xbing

Reaction score
thanks for the help and oh one more thing, does game messages leak if you just convert player group or use the preset player groups?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, I believe someone told me (Think it was Azlier, not sure :S) tha a Player to Player Group conversion doesn't leak...

If so, then this isn't needed:
Trigger:
  • Set Game_Message_UV_PG = (Player group((Owner of (Sold unit))))

But, as I said, I'm unsure of this...
Can someone clarify it ? :eek:

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
I'm with Komaqtion... Sometimes i think this don't leak but someday a people come to me and say it leak because it return force <make not much sense..>

I really don't know lol I'm confusing

Rushhour

Reaction score
I didn't actually test it (that means greating thousands of forces = Player groups)... but as a "force" is a handle like a group, location,.. and a new one is created evertime you use that convertion I do think it leaks.

I don't understand why there isn't any GUI action to send text to one player only because this is what the native really does. Well you won't send thousands of messages every second, so don't worry about this leak^^

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
I don't understand why there isn't any GUI action to send text to one player only because this is what the native really does. Well you won't send thousands of messages every second, so don't worry about this leak^^

Oo we got this action lol

Xbing

Reaction score
thanks, maybe ill just use jass to display the messages and one more thing, when you pick a unit group, a predefined region variable does not work. i set the region variable to (playable map area) and picked all units in the unit group and kill them but it just wont kill. after i changed the unit group definition to not the variable but to use (playable map area) straight. i think that it leaks, but the variable method is not working so? it is a 0.01 second trigger so if it leaks then the map is in big trouble

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.