Merging 2 abilities into 1 help.

xiFackx

Reaction score
I want a healing wave and a lightning chain to merge together to damage enemies with the lightning and heal the same damage the creep is taking. t

I don't wanna have to use another program besides WE anyone know how i can do this?

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This is going to be pretty hard to pull off if you are really new to this.​
First you need the two spells based off of Healing Wave and Chain Lighting, and a third custom spell based off of the Channel spell, make sure the targeting for Channel is for No-Target.​
Give the unit you want to cast both spells with ONLY the Channel based ability.​
Create a dummy unit based off a wisp with no collision, flying, and no model file to make it look invisible, and give this unit the Healing Wave and Chain Lighting Spell.​
Now you need a trigger.​
Events:​
- A unit starts casting an ability.​
Condition:​
- Ability being cast equal to ChannelBasedSpellHere​
Actions:​
Pick (Random Unit from (Units in 600 Range of (CastingUnit)) who is an enemy of Owner of Casting Unit and Do:​
  • Create 1 DummyUnit at Position of CastingUnit
  • Order (Last Created Unit) to Far Seer - Chain Lighting picked unit.
Pick (Random Unit from (Units in 600 Range of (CastingUnit)) who is NOT an enemy of Owner of Casting Unit and Do:​
  • Create 1 DummyUnit at Position of CastingUnit
  • Order (Last Created Unit) to Healing Wave picked unit.
Keep in mind that I more or less wrote this from the top of my head, the triggers won't look EXACTLY like this but it'll resemble it closely.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I'm a little confused by your description. Do you want the cast to release both Healing Wave and Chain Lightning, or do you want the cast to be a Chain Lightning that also heals the caster for the damage dealt?

Leazy

Reaction score
Creating a dummy unit to cast for example Chain Lightning on the target of Healing Wave won't work for the scenario: The Chain Lightning & Healing Wave can hit up to 4 targets, but there are 10 targets in range. In this scenario the Chain Lightning might hit different targets than the Healing Wave. You will have to trigger this effect with lightning effects to make it work exactly as you want.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You could also just create a dummy unit to cast Chain Lightning, detect the damage dealt by the dummy and heal the caster for the damage dealt.

xiFackx

Reaction score
Ahhhhh.. blizzard could've made this alot easier by letting u edit abilities more.

Syndrome

Reaction score
Oh. I read this at like 4AM my time so I'll try to get it right this time.
You want a chain lighting that hits up to X units, so lets say it hits Y units that may be equal or less than X.
And then you want to heal the caster Y*(damage for each unit)?
Okay, much easier done.
Instead of chain lightining, make a spell based off that bouncing potion thing from the alchemist with the damage you want dealt and give it to your hero. Or at least I think it's the alchemist. The reason being is that you want the debuff placing effect from the spell.
Then you need a trigger that saves the casting unit, and checks for every unit with that specific debuff, remove that debuff and heal the caster for the damage dealt.

Leazy

Reaction score
I'm guessing what you're really after is having the effects spawned by Chain Lightning and Healing Wave to be seen? Or do you want the creeps to die if they have for example 50 life and the Chain Lightning deals 200 damage, but survive and retain their HP if they have for example 250 life? Otherwise I don't see a reason as why you shouldn't just remove both damage and healing done by both spells in this scenario.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.