Models twice?

Senseless

Reaction score
Hello. i have a question. some skins can be just uploadet and used by changing the model data. but some others need to made to another model. means. i download a bloodmage model and need to imprtet it to the bloodmage texture /path^^ is there a way to have 2 of this importet? can i copie the bloodmage skin and name one of them other? and than import somethink and name this like the changed name of bloodmage? (bad english^^)

NaPzt3R

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't understand what you want, but i guess you want a new skin for your bloodmage. Am i right?

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Am I right if you want to use two different bloodmage skins for two different units?

First, have a bit more patience, you can't always expect to get an answer in half an hour.

For your question: have you tried it yet? I don't think it's possible, but give it a try then you'll know for sure.

Senseless

Reaction score
i cant try because i not find how to chance the normal texture "adress" of the bloodmage. and babypictureguy^^ i mean i want 2 bloodmage skins but this both bloodmage skins need to be in the part of texturees/bloodmage ..

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
For that you need to edit the model... which involves converting it to .mdl format and opening it in notepad, then changing the path at the top of the file, allowing you to specify the path for the second texture. This way you will have two models, each with different 'pointers' to the skin path.

You can use Magos' model editor or yogbul's file converter (search wc3campaigns or hiveworkshop) to convert .mdx files to .mdl.

Or, you could send me the file (link here or PM) and I will do it for you.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
yeah you will need to import a new bloodmage model (the same bloodmage model but with a different import and skin path).

Before you import it tho you will need to change the skin path in the model file to the new skin. You can do this with most warcraft 3 model viewing programs. It's not hard but kind of complicated to explain to someone new to model editing, I suggest you look up a tutorial on basic modelling if you want to do it for yourself.

I'll make this one for you tho...

View attachment 25254

Ok because I didn't have your skin I didn't get to test it out, but it should work.

First, import this model into the world editor but don't worry about changing it's import path. Then import your new skin and set it's path to blood2.blp. Now save your map and restart the world editor, and for the unit you want to have this skin select it's 'art-model' and set it to the model you just imported.

REMEMBER - Save a backup of your map first before you import any random files as you can risk corrupting your map

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Hehe Murder slow again... but he said he downloaded the model, so that one probably won't be useful to him.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
elo, yeah took me a while to make that between taking bites out of my kebab shop pizza. Nah read into what he says, he wants 2 of the same model but with different skins. I'm guessing he downloaded the normal bloodmage model without extracting it himself because he doesn't know how, but I'm pretty confident it will be the same model.

So I just extracted the bloodmage, set a dummy skin path and now I'm praying for the best to work out lol...

EDIT - yeah danny its ok if you download resources off here and the hive, most of them have been tested and known to work properly. It's just when you get someone to help you like this that you have to be careful, because when people help they don't always test it out and sometimes they can accidentally bug it which can lead to the fall of your map. It's just good practice to make regular backups because you don't want to have to start your map from scratch again for any reason.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.