More Spell Ideas...

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm drawing blanks.

I am altering wc3 melee, to simplify things as far as quantity goes - 5 units & 4 buildings per player - but, add in more complex spells, to promote battlefield tactics (as opposed to throw a bunch of units at another bunch, and then retreat any that have a red health bar). I'm also moving towards a darker theme.

Human: Dirty, grungy, industrial pioneers, the humans rely mostly on their guns and steel to survive, leaving magic to the weak, and ignorant. They keep their footmen in front, shields up, as a rain of merciless steel falls upon their enemies. Adept at absorbing huge amounts of damage, a small human defense can keep an entire army at bay until reinforcements arrive.

-Peasant: no ideas needed, unless you have one...
-Footman: has the defend ability, which gives an 80% chance to block any damage in front of the footman.
-Rifleman: Slow firing, heavy damage ranged unit. No abilities thus far.
-Knight: Has the Devotion ability, which gives a % chance that, when the knight takes damage, it will start a chain of healing that bounces X times.
-Steam Tank: Heavily armored siege engine. Can load up to four foot units (not knights or steam engines). No abilities thus far (maybe a passive 'run over yo ass' type thing, if I make it move slow enough).

Orcs: Brutal, overpowering warmongers, the orcs use a variety of tactics to keep their enemies constantly on edge. Constantly patrolling the fringes of enemy territory, savage raiders pillage vast amounts of resources from undefended settlements. Agile and powerful, the orcs specialize in dealing large amounts of damage in brief, unexpected bursts.

-Peon: no ideas needed. Can garrison burrows AND watch towers.
-Grunt: Brutish orc warrior. No abilities thus far.
-Raider: Agile mounted orc. Has the ravage ability, which gives the raider extra attacks against mechanical units.
-Shaman: Powerful defensive caster. No abilities thus far.
-Warlock: Powerful offensive caster. Has the frenzy ability, which causes a friendly unit to gain attack and move speed every time it hits an enemy.

Undead: Ancient, hierarchical mystics, the undead rely heavily on magic to win their battles. Throwing wave after wave of bodies at their enemies, a single corpse is all that is needed to turn the tide of battle; almost a resource in its own respect, the rotting flesh of the fallen pile up everywhere, fueling various magical effects known only to the necromantic order. Often misunderstood, the undead use a series of complicated feints and maneuvers to get their enemies right where they want them.

-Acolyte: Looking for some sort of sacrifice ability that does something.
-Ghoul: Expendable cannon fodder, has the frenzy ability, which causes it to attack 200% faster but take 100% more damage.
-Necromancer: Essential caster. Has the raise dead ability, which raises a skeletal warrior or zombie (weaker than warrior, leaves a corpse).
-Meat Wagon: Carries around corpses, serves as mobile lumber drop off. CANNOT hit trees.
-Obsidian Statue: No abilities currently.

Any ideas help.

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
>Peasant: no ideas needed, unless you have one

Give them camouflages/ flee / or call to arms even

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.