Multiboard Doubt. help!

Nocturne

Reaction score
Hello
im learning how make a multiboard and i just read the tutorial "Multiboard I" , but i dont know how to add a counter of deads and kills(i dont know how make the triggers) i hope somebody can help me:)

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Just register when a units dies, set increase a varible for the trigger unit and the killing unit, update the multiboard:
Code:
Multiboard
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column *Kills Column*, row *Player Row* to (String(Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))
        Set Deaths[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Deaths[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column *Kills Colums*, row *Player Column* to (String(Deaths[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]))

Nocturne

Reaction score
what type of variables are Kills and Deaths?

and if i want to add a condition for difference between heroes and units, for example:

Code:
Deaths Count
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set Deaths[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Deaths[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column *Kills Colums*, row *Player Column* to (String(Deaths[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]))

Code:
Kills Count
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Killing unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column *Kills Column*, row *Player Row* to (String(Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))

It is ok?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
Conditions are fine.

kill and death are integer variables, make sure to check array, size = (number of players total)

Nocturne

Reaction score
i was experimenting that in the map Multiboard I.w3x of the tutorial but i make something wrong...

when i kill a another hero the count KILL increase perfectly, like this:
Kills / Deaths
6 / 0

but when i die the two counters become 1
Kills / Deaths
1 / 1
and the Kills counter doesnt work more :mad:

if i die again increases the 2 counters
Kills / Deaths
2 / 2
:nuts:

what is wrong? help please :confused:
any ideas?

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
Uhh dude... Do you really think we can help from the information you gave?

Pretend you don't know anything about your trigger, then read what you just said...

Show your trigger...

Nocturne

Reaction score
Code:
Multiboard Flag
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 3 columns and (4 + (Number of players in players_playing)) rows, titled Information
        Set multiboard_flag = (Last created multiboard)
        -------- row 1, colum 1, 2, 3. --------
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 1, row 1 to (cc_players[0] + ([Team] + cc_endtag))
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 2, row 1 to (cc_players[0] + ([Score] + cc_endtag))
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 3, row 1 to (cc_players[0] + ([Owns the flag] + cc_endtag))
        -------- row 2, colum 1, 2, 3. --------
        -------- red team --------
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 1, row 2 to (cc_players[1] + (Red Team + cc_endtag))
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 2, row 2 to (String(team_score[1]))
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 3, row 2 to string_owns_flag[2]
        -------- row 3, colum 1, 2, 3. --------
        -------- blue team --------
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 1, row 3 to (cc_players[2] + (Blue Team + cc_endtag))
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 2, row 3 to (String(team_score[2]))
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 3, row 3 to string_owns_flag[2]
        -------- row 4, colum 1, 2, 3. --------
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 1, row 4 to (cc_players[0] + ([Player Name] + cc_endtag))
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 2, row 4 to (cc_players[0] + ([Flags obtained] + cc_endtag))
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 3, row 4 to (cc_players[0] + ([Flags lost] + cc_endtag))
        -------- loop part. --------
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (4 + (Number of players in players_playing)), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                -------- Multiboard style. All icons have been hidden. --------
                Multiboard - Set the display style for multiboard_flag item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the display style for multiboard_flag item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
                Multiboard - Set the display style for multiboard_flag item in column 3, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
                -------- Multiboard width. --------
                Multiboard - Set the width for multiboard_flag item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 9.00% of the total screen width
                Multiboard - Set the width for multiboard_flag item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 9.00% of the total screen width
                Multiboard - Set the width for multiboard_flag item in column 3, row (Integer A) to 9.00% of the total screen width
                -------- Player adding part. --------
                -------- Player name. --------
                Set player_row = (player_row + 1)
                Set player_colour = (player_colour + 1)
                Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 1, row player_row to (cc_players[player_colour] + ((Name of (Player(player_colour))) + cc_endtag))
                -------- Player flags. --------
                Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 2, row player_row to (String(Kills[player_colour]))
                -------- Player flags lost --------
                Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 3, row player_row to (String(Deaths[player_colour]))
        Multiboard - Show multiboard_flag

Code:
Kills
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (4 + (Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))) to (String(Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))

Code:
Deaths
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 3, row (4 + (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))) to (String(Deaths[(Player number of (Triggering player))]))

Nocturne

Reaction score
the most diffucult trigger that I have modified :banghead:
ive search any error but nothing...:confused:
any help will be grateful:)

Almighty11

Reaction score
Hey I'm not very experienced either but I took a small look at your
code and didnt find anything wrong.
Maybe the fact that two identical events matching same exact condition
are running can make one of the two time; cos I've found nothing wrong
with the triggers. Are there any other things or triggers in the map involved?

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
Add the condition "Killing Unit is not equal to No Unit" to both triggers. Looks like some bad data gets mixed in when you die which screws everything up.
Also, which player owns the units that kill your guy?

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
Code:
Deaths
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Deaths[(Player number of (Owner of [B](Triggering unit)[/B]))] = (Deaths[(Player number of (Owner of [B](Triggering unit)[/B]))] + 1)
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 3, row (4 + (Player number of (Owner of [B](Triggering unit)[/B]))) to (String(Deaths[(Player number of [B](Triggering player)[/B])]))

There are more specific things then Trigger unit/player.

Almighty11

Reaction score
Well if the problem is about running the two triggers with these exact same events and conditions fullfilled, then using more specific things then triggering unit/player should really work, because it wouldnt matter the run order; correct me if im wrong. You should just test it.

Nocturne

Reaction score
the main trigger is fine... i think....

Code:
Deaths
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Deaths[(Player number of ([COLOR="Red"]Owner of (Triggering unit)[/COLOR]))] = (Deaths[(Player number of ([COLOR="Red"]Owner of (Triggering unit[/COLOR])))] + 1)
        Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 3, row (4 + (Player number of [COLOR="Red"](Owner of (Triggering unit))[/COLOR])) to (String(Deaths[([COLOR="Red"]Player number of (Triggering player[/COLOR]))]))

Code:
Kills
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (4 + (Player number of ([COLOR="Red"]Owner of (Casting unit)[/COLOR]))) to (String(Kills[(Player number of [COLOR="Red"](Owner of (Killing unit)))]))[/COLOR]

im not sure, but the red parts maybe are wrong...:confused:

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
Multiboard - Set the text for multiboard_flag item in column 3, row (4 + (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))) to (String(Deaths[(Player number of (Triggering player))]))

Are the blacked ones supposed to be different?

Nocturne

Reaction score
>Are the blacked ones supposed to be different?
Today 02:57 PM

i think that red parts are wrong
but i dont sure

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
I was pointing out that you should change them.
And what exactly happened at 2:57 PM? There is a great time difference so I have no idea which post you are talking about.

Nocturne

Reaction score
when i copy and paste your message also paste the date... forget that:)

if someone want, i can upload the map for anyone can see whats happend

M

Mr.Banankaka

Just combine the two triggers and change a few things to make it look like this:

Code:
Multiboard Trigger
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Deaths[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = ((Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit))) + 1)
        Set Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = ((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + 1)
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to (String(Deaths[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]))
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to (String(Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))

You´ll have to change the column and row numbers in the trigger but you´ll probably make that of you own.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.