My new website

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was trying out a new design for my web portfolio and I actually rather liked it, so I then did all the conversions, functionality and all that crap, and here is the final results:

http://www.omega-designs.com

C&C appreciated.

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Maybe you want to make the "I make things work" banner smaller. The bottom part of the speech bubble and the thumbnail is cut off. I need to go to full screen to view the entire page.

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
is the copyright footer absolutely positioned? because when your not in full screen it cuts off everything below the "about me" bubble instead of giving more room when in a smaller window

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you both for noticing that. I had missed that.

The footer is not quite absolutely positioned, it should go further down as the page is stretched. I had to zoom in to replicate the effect, but I see what you mean. The footer code is the same on the portfolio page, and that seems to go further down when you stretch the page, so I'm going to have to investigate into this.

Sajin

Reaction score
Could you take the gray space below the links and turn that into a div and make it a fixed size so it will always be said distance below them? Im new to Dreamweaver so im not sure if that would work or not

edit one more thing, not quite sure if you finished the link for when you click the pictures under "my work" but I dont think they're quite working right because when I use them i go to the template site but your template isn't active

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your suggestion would work if all pages were the same height, however they change height and if this extra space was on a longer page it would look silly, because there would be a large gap.

Your edit: that shouldn't have been there and has therefore been fixed, thanks.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, fixed the page height problems. Thanks guys, keep them coming :p

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still think the "I make things work"-banner is way too big. It should only be about half its current size.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
In fact, I feel everything is a little too big too. Font choice isn't that great. Too many different plain colours in a page spoil the design, I think. Try having a theme colour. Sepia, Black and white, Greeneries etc styles.

Sajin

Reaction score
In fact, I feel everything is a little too big too. Font choice isn't that great. Too many different plain colours in a page spoil the design, I think. Try having a theme colour. Sepia, Black and white, Greeneries etc styles.

I agree in the most part with vypur in that the header is too big and that too many plain colors ruin the layout but I have to add that its not that your layout is bad or needs redone of restyled, it just lacks something complex to tie the layout togeather like perhaps a fractel, c4d, or just some form of render (after saying these, most wouldnt work well with your layout from an "eyecandy" perspective but something along these lines, maybe a picture of yourself blended into the header?

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
The radar and font at the top seem to have a standard Photoshop glow to them. Makes it look edgy and pixelated it seems :/

Really minor note:
Spans shouldn't be used for full paragraphs, <p> does that for you.
Although it doesn't seem to impact this design, the inline-vs-block bit of span-vs-p could cause you some trouble later on.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would appreciate C&C on my changes, please.

Yes, I know it is a complete redesign :p

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Still looking for feedback? Either way, here it is!
- The on hover "glow"s in My Work need to stand out more. Maybe make the non hovered images brighter (or whatever effect you used to produce it)
- "Message:" need to be moved downwards a little. Make the space between Phone and Message the same as Your Email and Phone.
- I prefer "Optional" to "Not required." Make the tooltip popup different for required and optional fields.
- nit: I don't like the rainbows. They look ... strange with the paper / card theme of the rest of the website.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback.

The "My Work" area was part which I am trying to decide how to redo it. Can't seem to think of a good way at the moment. That's why it hasn't had as much time spent on it as the rest of the site.
I shall fix the positioning of "Message" as soon as possible.
I also prefer optional, I just didn't realise it until you mentioned it :p
I personally think that the "rainbows" in moderation seem to work (you have to ignore the "My Work" area. They don't look great there IMO :p)

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Again, can you make the navigator not there, or put it at the top with links to other stuff? Looks pretty ugly following you around IMO, and the webpage is so small no reason to have it.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're right. When I originally came up with the concept of the website, I thought it would be taller. As that is not the case I shall make it stay up the top, thankyou.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Below the banner, it says "Sevices", instead of "Services" :p.

Also, the rainbow borders at the My Work section are cut off. Make them thinner, because they don't fade completely in the background.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the typo fix :p

Still trying to decide on the new design for My Work, but thanks :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.