My Wii-Play came in today!

Which mini-game are YOU the most interested in?

• Find Mii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Table Tennis

• Pose Mii

• Laser Hockey

• Fishing

• Total voters

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Heh. I'm so happy. I got my Wii-Play, and my third Wii-mote today, after waiting for like... A month? A month and a half? It was supposed to be out last month, so definitely over a month :D

Sadly, I have not played it yet :( I had a zillion things to do yesterday, what with the comic and work.

HOWEVER! I am gonna try out all 9 games, tomorrow! And I'm curious, what do you wanna hear about?

The games are:
  • Shooting Range: Point and shoot targets, shooting targets without missing gives you a bonus! (Can use 2 Wii-Motes for one player, THAT's awesome!)
  • Find Mii - Look into a crowd and find a certain Mii before the timer counts down! If you pick the wrong one, you take a few seconds off your timer.
  • Table Tennis - Move the Wii-mote back and forth to rally the ball across the table. Hitting the ball while moving the paddle will change it's direction.
  • Pose Mii - Get your Mii to match the positioning of an example Mii by using the buttons of the Wii-mote. You're timed, so hurry up! Fail 3 times and the game is over.
  • Laser Hockey - Use the Wii-mote to move the paddle back and forth on the board. Twist the Wii-mote to turn the paddle left and right to control the direction of the puck.
  • Billars - Aim and strike, just like in regular billards (pool). Sink the balls into the pockets to win.
  • Fishing - Cast your line, using the Wii-mote to use your fishing rod. When you get a nibble, pull the Wii-mote back to send a flipping fish into your boat.
  • Charge! - Control the cow you're riding by using the Wii-mote and trample scarecrows. Unlike most of the other games, the Wii-mote is held sideways, like a regular game controller.
  • Tanks! - Steer your tank with the Wii-mote and blast your opponents with mortar shells. You can use a Nunchuck to move the tank if you want, but the blasting buttons remain the same.

Whatever you choose, I'll try to play it more than the others and think more about the review. I'm sure I'll review all the games at some point and give the collection a review itself, too :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I don't know how "in-store available" it's going to be for the first few weeks. It WAS a reserve, but if any stores near you didn't get a lot of people to reserve it, well, they'll have it for the floor.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
They've been selling it here for a while, I just haven't got round to buying it :).

Definitely gonna consider it this week though, but there's also a tablet I'm looking for :p.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Table tennis, billards, and tanks soung awesome. I just might rent this game for a couple days to see how it is :p

Corleone

Reaction score
Got it ages ago ( = December 15th ) and I played it a lot, I must say. My favorite mini-games were Tanks! and Laser Hockey. Played those two a lot. Shooting Range is fun aswell, but the rest isn't all that good, in my opinion. Billards is the worst, closely followed by Charge.
By the way, I got platinum on all mini-games.:p

Karyyk

Cool Member
Reaction score
I bought it (saved $10 w/GCO) primarily for the controller, and I'm glad that's the case, because the game itself is decidedly forgettable. The shooting gallery, billiards and tanks are ok, but these just aren't the kind of games you're going to keep going back to in the same way that the Wii Sports games are. Buy if for the extra controller, you'll probably need that, but don't expect too much.

Reaction score
I really liked "Charge!", because in it you have to use your Wiimote more than in other minigames. Rotating and raising Wiimote is.. fun :p

Pose Mii is just ridiculous.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.