MySpace makes kids fat, claims minister

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The UK’s children’s minister has slapped MySpace and other social networking sites for their role in the fattening up of the nation's youth.

Beverly Hughes, at the launch of a report by think tank Demos on how children are being squeezed out of public space in the real world, said children were being pulled into virtual worlds instead.

Hughes said parents were also responsible by being overprotective of their children, as was inadequate provision of play areas and increasing traffic.

Read more here.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
DDR is on myspace quite a bit, and yet skinny as a rail...hmmm......

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
I thought Wii is good for your health. If you didn't Wii, you'd explode!

Bit of a stupid report. Just another blame game. Wonder when someones actually going to DO something about it instead of blaming media/cornchips/thegovernment/parents/kids/clowns/cats&dogs.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Yeah, and GTA makes people go kill frenzy with chainsaws and rocket launchers.

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
Im surprised at World of Warcraft, since players think they dont have to eat or drink since they have high spirit...Pure Pwnage lool

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Anything that involves sitting and not using energy makes you fat if you do it for long periods of time.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Anything that involves sitting and not using energy makes you fat if you do it for long periods of time.

That includes sitting in an office all day like the governor you are :p

Seriously, come on! It isn't the sites fault. The site isn't forcing them to stay is it? No, the reason is because people don't want to take responsibility for their own actions.

Have you noticed that fatness has been publically blamed by (on the news) disease, video games, social networks, food, but never responsibilty?

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
>Have you noticed that fatness has been publically blamed by (on the news) disease, video games, social networks, food, but never responsibilty?

Well why on earth would we blame ourselves for issues? It's much easier to blame someone else, and for goodness sakes man, blaming something for something it had nothing to do with if the definition of human! I mean, if we always took the blame for everything, we'd have much less 'peace' :rolleyes:

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Clowns, that's it! Its all their fault. In all honesty I think fat makes kids fat...which reminds me of an advertisement I saw today; stating that new state of the art technology reveals the best way to avoid an accident is to avoid and accident. Brilliant!

We all know who to blame now so hopefully this wont continue to come up. In all honesty these articles don't bother me half as much as those who actually believe them. Don't even get me started on video games. We all know already that they are to blame for the demise of civilization and account for roughly 105% of all crime.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Guess what, reading books and sleeping makes people fat!!! Everyone must be forced to be in hardcore activities 100% of the time!!![/sarcasm]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.