Arena Mystic Defence

Nethrezim

Reaction score
Mystic Defence

-----
It is a DotA-like hero arena map. The map is pretty much the same but the heroes are very very different.

Story: The balance of power in the old realm of Henneth Hanun has been disturbed. Both the Illuminate, Lord of Light and the Unclean, Lord of Darkness have grown too ambitious. War is about to start. Generals have been summoned on both Sides to aid the forces of light or darkness. As the heroes arrive in this strange realm, they find their powers growing because of the Mystic Thrones of Power. Should the Throne of Light fall, darkness shall rule the land and if the Darkness fails, Light and peace will forever govern the realm.

The Protectors
Light
Anna Snowscarr, the Divine Priestess
Icecrag, the Frostmage
Frostbreath, the Icedrake
Cloudbreak, the Thunderlord
Flamewing, the Firedragon
Dante, Heir of Sparda
Aura Valinor, Ithilien Ranger

Darkness
Mindnumb, the Poisoner
Strider, Darkwood Reaver
Ratchel, the Shadow Mistress
Aragonath, Forsaken
Gareth, The Lich Knight
Rax`jor, Demon of the Deeps
Rivierus, Liquid Trickster

-----
Progress - 30%
----
Currently I have completed a few heroes and the map design. I will showcase a few heroes.

>>Ratchel - Shadow Mistress
Story: She is a fallen Priestess. She fled from the Curch of Azora in search of power to overcome her rival, Anna Snowscarr. Ratchel found a tome in which the location of an old temple could be found. She followed the path but failed to reach the temple being defeated by the blizzards on the Misty Mountains. She was found by a necromancer and taken to the Temple of Sargeras. She did not have the talent to be a necromancer but she was taught to manipulate shadow energies and was named the Shadow Mistress. Now her masters have sent her to protect the Throne of Darkness. Her chance to confront Anna has come.
Model: Banshee
Attack: Range
Attribute: Intelligence
Abilities:
Corruption Aura - Destroys 2/4/7/10 of enemies` HP per second in a 700 AoE
Shadow Barrage - Bombards an area for 90/170/255/340 Damage
Pandemic - Like entangling roots traps and deals DPS. 2/3/4/5 Sec, 20/30/40/50 DPS
Demonic Aegis [ULTI] - 20%/35%/50% Magic Damage Reduction

>>Gareth - Lich Knight
Story: Gareth was one of the kings of the realms of free men. He was betrayed and exiled... forgotten... In his search for revenge he found an ancient runeblade named Narsil. As he approached the rock in which the blade was thrusted he heard voices "Weild me... and through me... power you will gain... revenge you shall have... you will free yourself". He took up the sword without question but immediately he was enslaved to the Witch King of Angmar. His last free action was to scourge his entire kingdom. The Witch King, a loyal ally of the Unclean has entruested his Lich Knight to defend the Throne of Darkness.
Model: Arthas Lich King - credits to modder forgot his name:D
Attack: Melee
Attribute: Strength
Abilities:
Blood Flux - 2/4/6/8% life stolen
Blood Presence - For 5 sec 10/25/40/55% damage and 13/14/15/16% chance to 2.0x Critical
Narsil - +15 agility, +5/12/19/26 damage, drains 40/35/30/25% of his attack drained from his life (negative lifesteal:) ) and I know name taken from LotR but it sound cool
Wintergrasp [ULTI] - A crystal imaple that stuns for 1.5/2/2.5 sec and deals 100/150/200 damage.

>>Frostbreath - Icedrake
Story: Son of Sapphiron, Lord of the Ice Drakes and Karistraza, Queen of the Emerald Dream, brother of Flamewing. He who breathes ice has heard the call of war from his very dungeon in the Lonely Mountains. Frostbreath now comes to reave the realm of the followers of darkness, not knowing that he will meet his younger brother for the first time.
Model: Frostwyrm
Attribute: Strength [Hybrid]
Abilities:
Circle of Ice - AoE Ice Explosions each dealing 25/35/45/55 damage and slowing attack rate by 10/17/25/33%
Icy Chill Aura - 600 AoE 7/12/18/23% Movement slow
Freezing Breath - 60/120/180/240 damage in a cone and 5/8/11/14% Movement slow
Brood of Sapphiron [ULTI] - 15/25/35% to deflect 30/60/90 damage. 10/25/35 minimum damage.

>>Dante - Heir of Sparda (taken from DMC i know, but this sounds cool too:D)
Story: Dante is the human son of the Demon Blademaster, Sparda and his heir. He has inherited most of his strengths, including the ability to destroy mana. Like his father he has turned from the path of darkness and now comes to the aid of the Illuminate. For this task he has been offered a unique blade, one of the 9 Soul Edges: Rebellion.
Model: Sepiroth - credits to modder forgot his name :D
Attack: Melee
Attribute: Agility
Abilities:
Flurry - Works like Yurnero`s bladestorm 50/80/110/150 DPS for 4 sec
Exploit Weakness - 17% Chance to critical for 2.00x/2.25x/2.50x/2.75x
Sparda`s Mana Break - Each hit destroyes 5/10/15/20 mana of the opponent. 50% of the mana destroyed is converted into damage
Rebellion [ULTI] - 20/30/40% bonus attack and movement speed, 5/7/9% bonus damage taken for 4 sec

>>Anna Snowscarr - Divine Priestess
Story: One of the most talented lightweavers in the Curch of Azora. She has been recently promoted from High Priestess to Divine Priestess. Now she must leave her shrine and see to the defense of her very source of power: Light. She has long trained herself to overcome the darkness that is to come, but she does not know that her old rival, Ratchel is about to become her arch-enemy.
Model: Sorceress
Attribute: Intelligence - Support
Abilities:
Holy Nova - Works like Witch Doctor`s AoE heal. 250 AoE, 7/13/18/27 heal per second, 7/11/16/22 mana drained per second
Divine Retribution - 15/22/29/36 damage returned to attackers
Light Rays - Works like forked lightning. 90/170/255/330 Damage.
Enlightment [ULTI] - Blinds the target causing it to have a 30/40/50% chance to miss for 6/7/8 sec.

comment and criticise :p

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Most original name ever.

Why the hell would Dante, a renaissance writer, be the heir to Sparta?

Furthermore this seems like the most random collection of random, unfitting and unoriginal hero ideas I've ever seen. New maps need to have new ideas, otherwise there really is no point in making them other than to "practice".

Sorry if it seems like I'm putting down your map, but I am putting down your map, because I just don't see the appeal here.

Nethrezim

Reaction score
Well I haven`t worked on the story yet. Anyway it is not connected to the world of Warcraft very much. For example I have made a Lich Knight hero... not to be confused with Death Knight or Lich King.

Dante, is a character from the Devil May Cry series and I thought the name sounds cool. And it`s not Sparta, it`s SparDa. Sparda was Dante`s father in Devil May Cry, he was a demon blademaster.

The Heroes I've presented here are only a few. There are 13 heroes currently and I'm working on more. After I'm done I am going to give stories to everyone. As I've mentioned in the main post this is a dota-like map. You think Techies and Razor have any connection in Icefrog`s Dota?

Anyway for example, the Shadow Mistress is the Divine Priestess` arch-enemy. Anna uses light powers, Ratchel uses shadow powers. Anna has an AoE heal, Ratchel has an AoE immolation kind of spell. Anna has light rays, Ratchel shadow barrage. The descriptions of the spells are very vague in this presentation. The tooltips are more intresting ingame.

Like above there are many other characters that have story. The Icedrake, Frostbreath has a brother: Flamewing, the Firedragon. They have the same mother, but different fathers: Sapphiron and Nozdoromu. Their fathers` name appear in their ultimate: IE: Frostbreath`s ultimate is "Brood of Sapphiron". The two dragons were sent by their mother to protect the mystic throne of light.

Anna is also sent by her curch to protect the throne of light. On the other side Ratchel, the Shadow Mistress is sent to protect the throne of darkness, along with the Lich Knight Gareth and many other dark heroes.

And the name sucks I know... it will be changed.

Oh.. a few screenshots:p

An unrevealed protector and the Lich Knight versus Icecrag, the Frostmage.

Ratchel traps Anna in her Pandemic Spell.

The Shadow Mistress bombards the Priestess with shadow energy.

The Icedrake breathing frost upon an unrevealed protector.

Frostbreath casting his Circle of Ice spell versus his opponent.

I will update the main post with the story a bit.:)

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
That map... the heroes... the gameplay... the tower models... the maximum level... the tileset... somehow reminds me of something I might have played before. I don't think it was DotA, though........

Lightstalker

Reaction score
That map... the heroes... the gameplay... the tower models... the maximum level... the tileset... somehow reminds me of something I might have played before. I don't think it was DotA, though........

Looks pretty much like DotA to me...

Nethrezim

Reaction score
It is a DotA-like hero arena map. The map is pretty much the same but the heroes are very very different.

I did say from the beggining I'm making a dota-like map. And FYI it`s my first map:rolleyes:

Lightstalker

Reaction score
I did say from the beggining I'm making a dota-like map. And FYI it`s my first map:rolleyes:

I didn't say otherwise. ;)

OK here's a tip to stop people from saying it is DotA reincarnation: make a new terrain. Use a different tileset. One that people don't often see, perhaps.

And try to add some unique or cool features to your map. Ask yourself this: what will make people want to play my map over other maps from the same genre? It's a great question and one I always ask myself before making a new map.

Btw, nice pic of naked ladies lol.

Nethrezim

Reaction score
Yes yes yes good idea.

I will find something new. Perhaps I`ll turn the map in a siege defence map. Dunno I`ll see.

@SnowCrow: no you`re not the only one. I don`t know what`s his problem... perhaps small genitals... who knows:confused:

EDIT: I`ve also updated the main post with the current hero names.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Agree with Lightstalker. You should use some other terrain. Otherwise, looks somewhat fine.

However, please refrain from insulting people. Thanks.

IMO, the terrain doesn't look like a hero arena. Unless its an AoS map, I don't think its a good idea to use DotA terrain in the first place.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.