Need help on custom abilities.

S

SuperSonicht

Another question. This time about custom abilities.

Im trying to make a Hero spell based on the Lightning spell from Diablo. So I decided to make it a cross between Shockwave(Tauren Chieftain) and Chain Lightning. Problem is, I want to make the projectile(chain lightning) fatter and longer. How do I do this?

Also, how do I add or remove a field(for example, in Inferno if I want to remove "summoned units")?

Dregonx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Another question. This time about custom abilities.

Im trying to make a Hero spell based on the Lightning spell from Diablo. So I decided to make it a cross between Shockwave(Tauren Chieftain) and Chain Lightning. Problem is, I want to make the projectile(chain lightning) fatter and longer. How do I do this?

Also, how do I add or remove a field(for example, in Inferno if I want to remove "summoned units")?

To the first question: Don't know.

To the second question: Just make a Dummy unit with locust and invulnerable on it, and make it's model an Inferno meteor, and that way you can change it's scale or color if you prefer, and then you just change the unit the ability inferno summons, to the dummy unit, but make a trigger where when it gets summoned: it has a 5 second timer added to it, so it doesn't add unneeded lag.

S

SuperSonicht

Actually, what I meant was that I wanted to add a field from another ability (for eg, adding some fields from Shockwave,forgot what it was)
Thanks,Vestras, I was searching for that answer too.

Also, a little correction, in the first question, what I really wanted was that I wanted to make the ability shoot out a short chain instead of a lightning ball.

And now, I have one more question. How I make a Shockwave that leaves a trail of Flame Strikes? (like the Chimaera ultimate from DotA)

aredee

Reaction score
>>Actually, what I meant was that I wanted to add a field from another ability (for eg, adding some fields from Shockwave,forgot what it was)

i think that is impossible

>>Also, a little correction, in the first question, what I really wanted was that I wanted to make the ability shoot out a short chain instead of a lightning ball.

you cannot make a lightning effect to become a missile art, maybe you can do it with some special effect trigger, but honestly, i don't know how

>>And now, I have one more question. How I make a Shockwave that leaves a trail of Flame Strikes? (like the Chimaera ultimate from DotA)

i only know it because i've ever asked this to thehelper forum and answerred by demotry241, and he gave me the map i attach to this reply, just change the offset to less number and it will get nearer between the effect, also you can make that only one dummy is created by changing the "unit - order (last created unit) to neutral - slam" to "unit - order (last created unit) to human bloodmage - flame strike at point 1", you have to change the event first

Attachments

• SLam in Front CHAIN.w3x
    17.1 KB · Views: 142
S

SuperSonicht

Thanks a lot, that was just what I wanted. With this, I can probably create lots more similiar abilities.

Picture:
war3flametrail.gif
HAH!

S

SuperSonicht

Sorry, offtopic, but, how do I make it such that a hero can get above level 5 by killing just creeps?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.