Need help regarding Tech Tree requirements

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
How can I make the Void Rays require the Fleet Beacon? I tried going in the data editor in the units tab and going in the Tech Tree - Tech Tree Unlocked Units and unchecking ''void ray'' for the stargate and adding it for the fleet beacon but it doesnt work.

id also want to know how to enlarge the creep you get when you start as zerg (from your hatchery). i know theres something to mess around with in the footprints but i dont know where

also, is there anyway to make an immortal attack air? i tried making air a requirement from the weapon thing but now i cant attack neither air or ground. if possible, id like to use the same attack icon like the stalker (not like the battle cruiser)

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
There should already be a requirement like "Has Fleet Beacon" or something. If you don't find it, make your own and make it require a fleet beacon to enable it.

Go into abilities and search for stargate. There should be a stargate train ability. In this you will find the information for all units trained at the stargate. Look at the void ray and add the requirement.

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
That was not very useful at all. I know how to get in a unit but I don't know which parameter to change to add a requirement.

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
in actor is an art-scale u can set x y z im not sure bout foot prints think thats just how closeit can get to something when they are piled into a close spot

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
well units need actors to go on a map dont they you modify the actors (art - scale).
also are you trying to say that you want the void ray to be summoned by a spell from the fleet beacon? or you want the void ray to still be summoned from star gate but require that you have built a fleet beacon somewhere?
As for the immortal could you change its weapon (weapon -target filters) ground = allowed instead of required

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Look up the Mothership; it requires a Fleet Beacon-building to be creatable.

I believe you need to turn on "Enable Air" instead of "Require Air" on the Immortal?

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
@ Void Ray

Techtree requirements are edited through the Train abilities that produce the specific units. NOT the units themselves. In this case - the Stargate's Train ability.

Go to Data Type: Abilities -> Stargate - Train (Stargate) -> Abilities - Info + (where the list of trained units is) -> Warp In Void Ray / Void Ray

Double click the last one and you will see this window.
stargate1z.jpg

At the top there's a section called Info - Button - Requirements and that's what you're looking for. Find the item called "Have Fleet Beacon" and highlight it. Highlighting it automatically puts it in the Requirement field and from now on Void Rays should require a Fleet Beacon.

P.s. This also means that different train abilities may have different techtree requirements - or, in other words, that different buildings may require different prerequisites to train the same unit. ^^

@ Immortal Atk Air:

Acceptable targets are edited through the Weapon page in the editor. So go to the weapon that the Immortal uses and edit the target filters. (Data Type: Weapons -> Immortal - Phase Disrupters -> Weapon - Target Filters)
stargate2c.jpg

Here you see a list of possible targets in a list. This is, I guess, the next step from the "Targets Allowed" checklist in the World Editor. There are three options for each - Required, Allowed and Excluded. Excluded means you cannot attack them, and Required means that the unit can't attack anything else. Or something. To enable attacking air, double-click on the Required word in the line for Ground targets. Double-clicking switches modes and you should have it to Allowed. Once you do that, the Immortal can now shoot at air units.

Ghosts' and marines' weapons have it set to Allowed, too.

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
@zero: No i was just trying to add a requirement to void rays. Just like carriers need the fleet beacon to be produced.

@Ioannes: Thank you, kind sir, for your very useful post. rep'd.

besides, do you have any idea how to increase the hatchery's creep range when we start a new game? i saw the ability ''large creep expand (start) at some point but i was unable to edit it to a higher range. the footprint are VERY messy.

edit: wait what? how can i rep someone? god damn sites and their changes....

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
Hatchery Spawn Larva in requirements is what you need to change to make it spawn more then 3 at a time. So change requirements+ change the constant 3 into constant 5 or whatever you wish.
>.< also i said what Ioannes said aswell for immortal :p just without the pictures :p my interface is table view

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I disagree, my post said exactly what Ioannes' post said but with less details. I got no idea where your skill level is so I wrote what would've been a helpful post if you would've read it through and tried to understand. If you compare my post with Ioannes, you'll see the simmilarity.

WERE-Wolf

Reaction score
you didnt tell me to click on ability-info so i couldnt find it. ioannes told me exactly where it was so i didnt have to spend 30 minutes searching something some guy in a fomum said that made half sense.

I am terrible at searching in editor so that might explain alot, but from my point of view, ioannes gave me precise informations while you did not. you didnt sound so sure about where to info either. would you listen to some guy telling you that what youre looking for is in some folder he forgot the name about but it should be there anyways? as far as im concerned, i made it to the train thing by my own but i couldnt find which option exactly it was so your post was not helpful to me.

no offense btw im just thinking out loud. i know you tried to help but I just have a severe case of spoonfed editoring.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.