Need Help with a PS Function/Tool.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Hi.
I have a problem. :(
I am using Photoshop CS3.

I want to draw "custom shapes". I usually use Marquee Tool for this (Rectangular and Elliptical) but as the names say, these only draw squares and circles.
To "fix" this, I usually use the Pen Tool. -Which usually works pretty well. Except for one thing.
I can't make rounded shapes with the Pen Tool.

I'm looking for a tool that (if I, for example have a square selection) can select two lines that meet in a corner, and click a button* which will then make these lines rounded.

*= I have experienced such a function before, when using CAD (Computer-Aided Design). I believe it was called "offset" in CAD.

Now I'm wondering if anyone knows of such a tool/function?
If not, could you show me another way of doing this?
Any sort of way of making my "Custom Shapes" look not-pixelated and have the same degree of angle, etc. (Simply, make the look good! :p)

Thanks in advance. :)
/Exide.

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
You can make shapes with curves in it with the pen tool... at least with CS2.

After clicking with the pen tool a second time, have you moved around the mouse (while continuing to hold the button down)? This would make curves.

Exide

Reaction score
Aah, I'll try practising that a little. See if it works. :)
Thanks! +rep

If anyone else has other ideas/ways of doing this, you're more than welcome to share! :D

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
You can make bezier curves using the pen tool. First click the point (point A), then click the next point (point B) and hold down the mouse button. Then you can hold it and move it around to create the curve.

When you are done, let go and then make more points. In front of point B, there should be a long line.. This is the path the curve will follow on the next path... This makes it easier to curve stuff and be consistent on the point creation. Sometimes, it isn't really desired though, so you can hold "ALT" and then move that line around to edit it; if you want it to have no follow up path then you can just make it go extremely close to point B.

Now, if you want to edit the curve, hold down ALT (It is a convert point tool or w/e it is called :p ) then you can move the back line (the line behind the point B) to modify the curve. So:

Front Line = When you click the next point, the path from that point and the previous will follow this line probably half way from the previous point, then curve or do whatever to the next point.

Previous Line = Allows you to modify the curve...

Hope this helps... Here is my sort of kind of quicky tutorial I made a long time ago.
http://www.imagehustler.com/1207/1198546893.jpg

Exide

Reaction score
Sweet.
Just what I need. :)
I'll go on and train on using this. ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.