Need help with MPQ api

exge

Reaction score
hey all, i just finished learning visual basic which means that i can now code in c++, vb, java and delphi

so maybe now some one can teach me how to use the MPQ API in my projects, they can be done in either of the 4 languages as shown above thanks

will + rep for good ans :D

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score

exge

Reaction score
thanks sfilip, i went there before but didnt understand anything,... cos you see in school we are not taught how to implement api's in our projects

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
i see...
for delphi:
-download mpq control
-open delphi
-go to Component - Import ActiveX Control
-click on Add
-find MpqControl.ocx you downloaded
-click on Install
-now exit the import activeX dialog and find your component under ActiveX tab or go to View - Component List and find TMpqControl there.
the control is rather easy to use...i'm pretty sure you can figure out what procedures AddFile, ListFiles or GetFile do. ;)

you can also try SFmpqapi, should have a readme and some examples with it.

exge

Reaction score
thanks ur a great help !
+rep, although im not sure how much i can give

EDIT:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SFilip again.

huh??

PS:i didn't touch delphi for a long time, and my compiler expired :banghead: do you know any good ones

D

dadads

I don't get it, does MPQ API mean that we get to download a *.dll file which we can load into our programs?

exge

Reaction score
yes, sort of ie; we can use the MPQ functions in our programs... but im still lost

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
dadads said:
I don't get it, does MPQ API mean that we get to download a *.dll file which we can load into our programs?
sort of...but in this case all you need is an activex control.
you can try doing the same thing i posted in visual basic...the steps would be slightly different, but can't help you here since i never really liked VB :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol, i finished visual basic a long time ago... and i didn't even notice anything about what your saying (actually i don't really get it)

i use WinMPQ :D

EDIT: i don't get all of this mpq stuff, i just extracted it all... (not that i dont getr vb)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
in VB there should be an option that handles activex controls...or something like that.

Zoxc

Reaction score
ActiveX sucks .. use the .dll. It comes with header files for some langauges.

D

dadads

I prefer c++ over VB, but has never before attempted to utilize dll s.
Any tutorials specialized on using the MPQ API in C++?

exge

Reaction score
Zoxc said:
ActiveX sucks .. use the .dll. It comes with header files for some langauges.

yes, i have the dll too... any help on using it in my projects i have the c++ header ... but no readme

exge

Reaction score
im very lost, not even sure how to start... can som1 give me step by step insturctions
thanks for the trouble

D

dadads

Ok, so maybe someone can start explaining by giving a source code for a simple c++ console program that only lists the contents of an mpq archive. I'll figure out the rest of the other functions.
The main thing is just that I want to see how to open and implement the .dll through c++ programming.

exge

Reaction score
dadads said:
Ok, so maybe someone can start explaining by giving a source code for a simple c++ console program that only lists the contents of an mpq archive. I'll figure out the rest of the other functions.
The main thing is just that I want to see how to open and implement the .dll through c++ programming.

yes i fully agree with him, we need some docs on this topic .... or at least some examples

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.