Need simple ability idea for ogre magi hero

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
The hero is an Ettin sorcerer using the OgreMagi model. One head is intelligent, that is the sorcerer head, and one is stupid and mostly likes to bash things. The hero will have 20 levels, but there will be 22 levels of abilities. So far, I've decided that these abilities will be included:

Code:
Elementalism - The sorcerer head's main skills. Has 8 levels, and is a spellbook with up to 8 spells related to the elements.
Code:
Crack'n'Smack - The stupid head's main skill. Has 8 levels, passive ability that stuns enemy units and deal extra damage to buildings.

Thus I have two ability slots left (I'm only gonna use 4). Two slots and 6 levels. I need your help on this. The skills has to be pretty simple to make and use, and it's great if they have use outside of combat too. Something related to the twin personalities might be nice, first thought of a resistance towards debuff spells thingy but scraped that idea.

Has anyone got a good idea? +rep for good answers, of course!

EDIT: Oh, and the levels can be spread out a bit, like 3/3 or 4/2 or even 5/1 if the one level is a powerful ability.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
I think a spell or two that combine the heads would be pretty cool - for example, I made a spell a long while ago that you can probably use for a hero called the Brute; he slammed the ground once and channeled the magical force i that to cause repeated slams (Shockwave).

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103123&page=4
The map itself is on that page for download and I'm preeeetttttty sure I didn't "protect" it.

Also, if you want to see the ability firsthand, just load the map up and run with it :p The hero is under Demons. For a picture, visit page 1.

komapatient

Reaction score
The hero is an Ettin sorcerer using the OgreMagi model. One head is intelligent, that is the sorcerer head, and one is stupid and mostly likes to bash things. The hero will have 20 levels, but there will be 22 levels of abilities. So far, I've decided that these abilities will be included:

Code:
Elementalism - The sorcerer head's main skills. Has 8 levels, and is a spellbook with up to 8 spells related to the elements.
Code:
Crack'n'Smack - The stupid head's main skill. Has 8 levels, passive ability that stuns enemy units and deal extra damage to buildings.

Thus I have two ability slots left (I'm only gonna use 4). Two slots and 6 levels. I need your help on this. The skills has to be pretty simple to make and use, and it's great if they have use outside of combat too. Something related to the twin personalities might be nice, first thought of a resistance towards debuff spells thingy but scraped that idea.

Has anyone got a good idea? +rep for good answers, of course!

EDIT: Oh, and the levels can be spread out a bit, like 3/3 or 4/2 or even 5/1 if the one level is a powerful ability.

Well Ogre Magi? If you want to stay true to the Warcraft Lore (don't know about this!) know that Ogre Magi were able to cast the following spells in Warcraft II (Yes, I talk of 2!):

Blood Lust: Pretty self explanatory
Eye of Cho'gall: Spawns a flying eye which could move quickly across the battlefield for scouting. It had no attack but immense hp which would drain after a while until the eye got killed. Was attackable!
Magical Runes: The Ogre Magi casts a matrix of 5 red runes on the ground which will explode with critical damage to each unit coming close to it. The runes could be seen but not attacked when you looked carefully on the ground as they were flashing shortly as red dots. They would decay without detonation after a short time period.

Maybe these original skills are an inspiration to your work. If not, pls report!

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
Well Ogre Magi? If you want to stay true to the Warcraft Lore (don't know about this!) know that Ogre Magi were able to cast the following spells in Warcraft II (Yes, I talk of 2!):
Actually, it's not an ogre-magi ingame, but an ettin sorcerer, which would be... Kinda the same thing, but in a D&D world. And this is not even true to the D&D world.

Blood Lust: Pretty self explanatory
Eye of Cho'gall: Spawns a flying eye which could move quickly across the battlefield for scouting. It had no attack but immense hp which would drain after a while until the eye got killed. Was attackable!
It was actually called the Eye of Kilrogg :mad:!!! :)
I remember the game, but this isn't going to be true to that lore. I will use the magical runes, but I'm not sure if it will be included in the Elementalism or on another unit.

I'm actually more looking for hybrid stupid basher/intelligent wizard skills.

@Chao: I checked the map, and really like your heroes, but didn't find a suitable spell for this. However, I wonder if it's okay if I borrow a spell or two for another hero? I'll tell you before and of course give proper credit.

Nexor

Reaction score
hm you said D&D ?
You could combine the two, like the sorcerer casts a spell that makes him faster and the dumb head will deal more damage = more damage in less attacks = ownge

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
you could make a funny ability where "they" argue (I mean the dumbass and the smart ass) and you suddenly lose control of the hero. The hero becomes invulnerable and starts smashing things around and casting random spells. :banghead:

Angel_Island

Much long, many time, wow
Reaction score
Maybe an ability where the sorcerer head is channeling a spell, but then the dumb head interferes with his channeling making him lose controll of the spell that then makes the it explode, damaging him and everything around him.

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
you could make a funny ability where "they" argue (I mean the dumbass and the smart ass) and you suddenly lose control of the hero. The hero becomes invulnerable and starts smashing things around and casting random spells. :banghead:
That is GREAT! Don't know if I can do it, but it sure sounds great!

Maybe an ability where the sorcerer head is channeling a spell, but then the dumb head interferes with his channeling making him lose controll of the spell that then makes the it explode, damaging him and everything around him.
Isn't it a pretty weird thing to invest in a skill which makes the hero LESS able? XD

ThePlague

Reaction score
What about something where they split? You could base it off mirror image to look cool ^^ then trigger so images become 2 seperate units one with new poweful spells and one with high offensive stats. Make it lasts 60 secs or something.
Sorta like pandarens storm earth fire

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
What about something where they split? You could base it off mirror image to look cool ^^ then trigger so images become 2 seperate units one with new poweful spells and one with high offensive stats. Make it lasts 60 secs or something.
Sorta like pandarens storm earth fire

Yes, that could be a very useful idea. Had a similiar one myself, though not the same; giving possession over to one side of the body. I can have the two skills be one "warrior form" and one "mage form"; when in mage form, he has access to the spell ability, fire damage attacks, greater sight radius and such, but not the Crack'n'Smash-ability. In the warrior mode, it's the reverse. If I use this idea (I'd miss Dinowcs great one then :() the abilities would be more like crow form/bear form than Metamorphosis; easy to change and change back.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.