Need Variable waiting time

DoubleDraGoN

Reaction score
The wait x seconds action doesnt accept integers for some reason. So I made a Real instead. But I need to change this like (real variable = real variable +1) , to make waiting time longer, when a certain event happen. But for some reason it not registering, I try conversion real to integer. Might have done that part wrong too.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
In case you're using it as event, that's not working...

Countdown timer - Start myTimer as a one-shot timer that will expire in ... seconds

Event:
- Timer - myTimer expires
Conditions:
Actions:
- ... whatever needs doing
- Countdown timer - Start myTimer as a one-shot timer that will expire in <some value here> seconds

In a normal "wait" action, there's no problem...

DoubleDraGoN

Reaction score
I was unspecific. I need this same variable to be able to be run more than once at the same time, it should be ok if I make multiple timers tho, thx acehart

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> I need this same variable to be able to be run more than once at the same time

That's still not very clear.

On a general note, problems with triggers are best helped with by posting said triggers.

DoubleDraGoN

Reaction score
What I try to accomplish is have a death counter that each time a hero die, add 1 to it. Also, the death counter need to be the same as the revive time. My trigg looks like this:

E
Hero 1 dies
Hero 2 dies
Hero 3 dies

C

A
Set TotalDeathCount=TotalDeathCount + 1.00
Game Display to (Player group((Owner of Dying unit)))) the text: (Hero will revive in: + (String(TotalDeathCount)))
Wait TotalDeathCount seconds
Hero - Instantly revive (Dying unit) at (Center of Specific Region <gen>), Show revival graphics.

I think the countdown timers will work tho

Edit: It displays TotalDeathCount correctly. -Also theres 3 decimal after TotalDeathCount when I display it, need to rid that

DoubleDraGoN

Reaction score
Gah Im so inspecific lol. The hero instantly revives, it doesnt register the wait time.

Ima test, maybe change to gametime seconds be different

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
you are supposed to revive it after the timer is expiring so you start the timer when the hero dies and make a new trigger which detect an event for Timer expires and then revive your hero

DoubleDraGoN

Reaction score
Great Everythings worked out, Game-time seconds is apparently way different than seconds, and formatted string got rid of decimals

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.