new AOS

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
what would yall like to have in anew dota type map using the aos template and further developing triggers and stuff

good idea more heroes would be a good idea though when i start making the heroes i am gonna post a new thread about hero ideas :)

most importantly i cant fnd of a name yesterday night i was awake hinking of map size etc xD but still dont have a name it should be effective so that people want to play it

edit: ok ... please read my introductory paragraph instead of just saying whats wrong with me making it, you could say what i asked for i dont know why many of you have misunderstood this it seems this thread has turned into an arguement :(

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Please don't post ANOTHER "Hero Ideas" thread >_< There's too many already.

I would want unique-ness. Make it different from the other maps. How? Good Question.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why dont people ever come up with their own hero, spells, items. If that is really the core of a good map (and all the triggering behind it)

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
>Just out of curiosity, why dont people ever come up with their own hero, spells, items. If that is really the core of a good map (and all the triggering behind it)

Because it's hard and close to impossible. There is no originality anymore (No matter what you tried, without being random) and some people's creativity isn't huge.

EDIT:
Great minds think a like :p
| |
| |
| |
\ /
.V

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Originality is always good, i agree. But imaginations dont come easy these days.

Edit: Wow, Esb, Esp? Posted same thing in like the same 20 sec :p

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Key points that prevent interest in this project:

- Using the AoS template
- "further developing triggers and stuff"
- Not even a name?
- Minimal information.
- Bad spelling/grammer.

And yes, please come up with your own hero ideas, they are the core of AoS maps. Most hero suggestions people give aren't any good anyways, or don't fit with the map you're trying to make, especially since they don't know as much about it as you do.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Come on! You don't need your own original ideas. If somebody needs good spell ideas he can ask in a thread. The problem is: nobody uses really cool really advanced spells.
Maybe because everybody is too lazy or can't trigger well enough. The only exeption i see is age of myths. ALL spells are triggered. Many items are triggered and these who aren't have very original effects.

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
hey look I know that ive not hought about the title but i want to have an interesting one i mean even destert of exile's title hasnt done well and so n generally people who play a map at first go for the neame if a new map gets made without a good name its forever 'unworthy' of battlenet really good maps like enfos have somnehow made a bad impression because it is not played much but really good in this case i dont know what it is it could just be crappy first versions but also has to do with title

Unique heroes - very hard to find a unique idea :p not that i havent got any but theyre not enough i could make the regular hero with bash bla bla bla but unique is also thatthe hero stands out as an example for the rest pf the map so keep the idea coming

KvickaN

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hey Infinity...

I suggest you put this project at the side untill you have done some other maps like tds, minimaps ect ect... I know that if you start on this now it will not be finnished.

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
i dont work on maps as much as you do, i do it over a slow time so i have time to think about what im going to do and how to do it, besides
theres enough people viewing world editor help everyday for me toput my questions and calls for help in

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
First thing I want to see is a good terrain. Give me something that when i look at the map makes me say, "Wow, this looks cool!"

AotZ is a good example of a good terrain, everything flows in well and it all looks well done up. Unfortunately can't say the same about DoE, the sequel was horrible...

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
First thing I want to see is a good terrain.
AotZ is a good example of a good terrain, everything flows in well and it all looks well done up. Unfortunately can't say the same about DoE, the sequel was horrible...
I know what ya mean but if you look back closely on all the early versions of succesful maps, the terrain sucks i just saw a really old version of dota and thought what the hell made that popular but thx anyway, ill try to make it look good :p

Oh and mass infantry you are right a little bit but even most succesful maps arent 100% thought of by their original maker Icefrog as of right now probably used over 60% of posts on his forum and suggestions of his developers to make all those heroes

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm not saying don't take in any ideas at all, just be careful with what you receive from people. From what I've seen, looking at the hundreds of previous "hero idea" threads, most of them are... not very interesting. (Mainly due to the fact that some people just fire off a couple of lousy spells in hopes of earning reputation from the thread starter.)

You do need really cool spells, but you don't need and don't want very advanced spells. Most, if not all of your spells should be understandable at a brief glance, none of those "deals 50-(agi*0.2) damage" things, please.

Infinity.4Sk

Reaction score
hm yes, they ant rep and they may have it if they have a decent post
hero ideas can be crap but its just to give me the idea ill change them when i see the ideas so they are
*interesting
*not too good not too bad (balanced)
*serve their purpose

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.