New jass scripter here

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
Ok I am just now learning the basics of jass I'm not really good at it yet but before I decide to jump in and really learn this thing... What is the point...? I read these tutorials and they all say jass is great because it is not bound by the "rules" of the regular trigger editor. So... Could I get some examples of some triggers in jass, what there scripts look like and what they could do that I could not do with my regular trigger editor? May seem kinda like a stupid question but that's what I want to know. Thanks

Nevyll

Reaction score
Oh, where should I start...
A: JASS enables the use of local variables, which enables the awesomeness of fully Multi Unit Instanceable spells and in some cases timers.
B: JASS is faster to code in, because you type faster than you click.
C: JASS is a programming language, and if you know JASS you won't have as many issues if you decide to learn another programming language.
D: Well-written code in JASS is very easy to read and understand.
E: JASS enables alot of hidden features that GUI hides; for example, you can choose between CreateUnit() and CreateNUnitsAtLoc().
F: You can put useful scripts in the Map Header, which you can call from any trigger in the map.
G: You can put several functions in the same trigger, which means that instead of having 3 different triggers as a spell, you will only need 1.
H: With JASS, you can remove all BJ's and replace them with Natives. (BJ's are slower than natives)

I think that's all I can think of now.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
You're B is funny xD but is rite.

You're E in short, would be native thingy stuffs that GUI doesn't have

You're H means, in GUI, GUI will call on BJ, and BJ will call on native, in JASS you're already in native.

You can also create you're own function in vJASS

Example of a JASS? Prepare to die!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.