New Website Design

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
I completely redid my website design and graphics for somthing more professional looking.

Please take a look tell me what you think I spent alot of care on this.

www.danielmanion.net

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Pretty sweet website overall :) I'm actually studying a bit of web design so hopefully my opinion will count for something :p

The overall feel is very clean and professional, so you've definitely achieved that goal :) the images also look very professional, and I like the overall theme of the website. Reminds me of blender and other 3D programs.

Just a couple of issues that I came across; the gradient behind your logo at the top is a bit plain, adding some sort of texture to that flat gradient would make it more appealing, it just looks a little boring as it is. Maybe cut out an image of your airship and put it in the gradient? Also, I think the text below the main heading is a bit too faint, perhaps make it a bit brighter and thus easier to read? These are just my opinions however.

Good job though :thup:

EDIT: I couldn't help notice you didn't use div tags in your web page. Consider it next time, it just means that people with slow internet (if that still exists) won't have to wait for the entire web page to load before they can see anything.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Optimize your images. Try and make them as small in file size as possible so it's less taxing on the server and the viewers don't wait as long for the images to load.

As for the design, it looks ok, but I think that the navigation and header are way too big. Also, there is an accent over the last e in the word 'resume.' Not really necessary, but it adds a nice touch, I think. I like the background pattern.

I would recommend a gallery of some kind, not just a page with some scollable images. This way, you can have thumbnails or something, and the viewer would click on whatever he wants to see. This makes the main page easier to load, and the viewer doesn't have to load every image right off the bat.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Optimize your images. Try and make them as small in file size as possible so it's less taxing on the server and the viewers don't wait as long for the images to load.

As for the design, it looks ok, but I think that the navigation and header are way too big. Also, there is an accent over the last e in the word 'resume.' Not really necessary, but it adds a nice touch, I think. I like the background pattern.

I would recommend a gallery of some kind, not just a page with some scollable images. This way, you can have thumbnails or something, and the viewer would click on whatever he wants to see. This makes the main page easier to load, and the viewer doesn't have to load every image right off the bat.

As for the Gallery, there are several CSS/Javascript driven Galleries that are pre-made out there. Just Google whichever you would prefer, and you can easily find the script to do so. Though you will probably have to look through some lists like this one - 25+ CSS Image Galleries.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
i really like #4
the sliding images gallery, the images are great, but also rather large
i would like it a lot more if they were smaller scale but easy to zoom into to see the amazing details...
im majoring in comp graphics so this is the stuff i love :D

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Wow man, that is some impressive work. Website looks good and all, but your artwork is pretty incredible.

Just thought you should know.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.