World Nine dead in Finland shooting

Reaction score
At least nine people have been killed and several others seriously wounded in a shooting spree at a vocational college in Finland, local reports say.

Police said the gunman, thought to be a 20-year-old student, then shot himself although his condition is now unclear.

He was carrying an automatic weapon and wearing a ski mask when he entered the college in Kauhajoki, reports said.

---
A fire is also involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I really wonder about these school shooters. What motivation could a 22 year old have to shoot 10 people and then himself? It doesn't make much sense to me.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I really wonder about these school shooters. What motivation could a 22 year old have to shoot 10 people and then himself? It doesn't make much sense to me.

To be recognized and remembered, to become immortal in an afterlife sense. But the ironic thing is that when you commit suicide you die; thus you're gone.

I'm sure there's plenty of more satisfying motives, but I've come to the conclusion that murderous suicides are inspired by anger and pride.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
>>Minimum age for buying a gun is 15

Wow.

EXACTLY. There are always crazy people. Always have been, throughout history. But.. when they are allowed to drive 2 minutes and buy a weapon and bullets at the age of 15, then we have problems.

Reaction score
EXACTLY. There are always crazy people. Always have been, throughout history. But.. when they are allowed to drive 2 minutes and buy a weapon and bullets at the age of 15, then we have problems.

It doesn't go like that in Finland.
All gun owners must have a license for it. Those licenses are often hard to get. Youngsters very rarely have a gun, mainly when they have a hunting hobby (often because of their father having one) and belong to a hunting club.
About 14% of homicides in Finland are gun-related, which is a pretty low number, especially considering the amount of weapons.

You don't just go and buy a firearm in Finland.

Reaction score
The person wasn't crazy, life just didn't smile at him from what I've heard.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Quite sad to see things like this happening... if people have problems (going by what Uber just said, I'm assuming he had problems of some sort), there has to be a better way to solve them rather than killing 9 people and maiming others...

To be recognized and remembered, to become immortal in an afterlife sense.
Well, being remembered as a homicidal maniac doesn't seem like something you would think very highly of :\

Reaction score
And I don't he just wanted to be remembered, because he was planning it since 2002.

Oh, and this might have some connection between the previous incident.

Reaction score
This guy did.
"Drive 2 minutes and buy a weapon and bullets"? No, he was 22, he had all rights to own a weapon and use it at a shooting range. It's just that unlike the rest of the million weapons, this was used for murdering. He had had it for some time, done the paperwork to get it etc.
Oh, and this might have some connection between the previous incident.
Yeah, there might have been some connection with him and the Jokela shooter over the internet, but that's still unconfirmed. The gun was said to be bought from somewhere near Jokela (ain't a few minutes driving away from), too, not to mention that it was of the same caliber and type. The method was also very similar and he's taken some ideas from the previous shooting, that's for granted.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.