Ninja Dwarves In Hell Making Flower Arrangements? - Card Game

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Hey, I figured I would post this here or in the creative section but anyway I am working on a Game Design project for one of my classes this week and I basically have to make my own card game. Right now I am in the brainstorming phase this week and I am not really getting anywhere because of the very odd theme.

Basically, the theme is: 'Ninja Dwarves' in hell fighting for territory control while doing something with 'flower arrangements'.

Yes very odd, while it doesnt have to be exactly word for word that theme, it has to involve ninja dwarves, hell, flowers and territory control to win. I have come up with a dozen of ideas but none seem to be relatively similar enough to implement together. So I am just wondering if anyone might have some ideas, doesnt matter how odd they are, that would fit this theme. Im not really just asking to take peoples ideas and use them, I am just trying to brain storm as many possible ideas as I can and try to form something into a card game that would work somewhat and be playable. Ideas, any ideas at all would be very helpful as this is a really hard theme to make a card game over. ^_^

I can post some of the ideas I have had whether that be core mechanics or the types of cards being used, but I dont want to scare people off with a huge wall of text.

Thanks

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Alright, I guess ill post what I have... its kind of lame but its the best I can do for this kind of theme... all I have now to do is come up with a bunch of cards for it all. Have to have weapon, enhance, and defense cards for all 4 types of flowers. The weapons will probably be boquets lol, for example a boquet of thorny roses is a good weapon. Probably no one cares, but maybe someone might have an idea or two for some cards. I got some sofar but I have about 60 or so to go.

Hell Escape - Ninja Dwarf Edition

Many believe hell is an eternal pit of fiery flames and the devil is an evil maniacal demon, but we couldn't be more wrong. It turns out the devil actually has a strong feminine side, and there is no fire but instead flowers... lots of flowers! You, an infamous Ninja Dwarf, must fight your way out of this place by fighting through all the territories, and escape using the only thing you can as a weapon... Flowers.

Each player will choose a fighting style for their Ninja Dwarf that will allow them better use of flower type cards they are specialized in.

Mastery of the Razor-sharp Rose
Mastery of the Chaotic Carnation
Mastery the Violent Violet
Mastery the Diabolic Daisy

There will be a total of five territories each having a territory type chosen by both players except for the middle which is neutral. Each player will pick a type of territory for both areas to his or her right of the center territory, Both players will start at the neutral territory where they will fight until one loses and retreats where the winner will advance to the next territory to their right and the loser to his left which would be the same territory both move to but the opposite direction the loser wants to advance. The winning objective is for one player to safely advance through all territories in hell. When a player wins a fight he may choose to change the territory type of the area controlled and will then advance to his right and the loser will then retreat to his previous territory to his left to defend until he loses all territories. Losing a territory does not mean you cant take it back however you will be forced to skip a turn when retreating. If you lose a territory and then win defending the next, you will then force them to retreat to the previous territory where you may then attack it.

Damage is calculated through the use of two 6-sided dice with a player having a maximum of 6 hitpoints. Player must retreat when reaching 0 hitpoints.

Movement through territory is shown with the use of a coin for each player placed below the card on each players side and is moved to the territory in conflict.

Character Mastery: These are a specific card chosen for your deck limited only to one that is placed on the table before the game starts that will determine your fighting character and any bonus it may get for its path and surrounding.

Territory: These cards are not played by any player in any deck but can be chosen by each player when controlling the territory. These are used to define the characteristics of a territory that provide benefitial bonuses to the player as well as the ability to take them over.

Weapon: These cards are required for you to attack and must be placed to the left of your Character Mastery. This type of card can be replaced by another Weapon card of choice at any time but can then no longer be retrieved. Each weapon has a creation cost as well as a matenance cost.

Flower Power: These cards fuel your weapon creation and attacks as well as enhance and defense cards. Without these, you can not do anything.

Defense: These cards reduce or reflect attacks by your opponent but can only be played when attacked and must be already placed face down on the field. Some defense cards require flower power. Card must be discarded after used.

Enhance: These cards enhance your attacks on an opponent. Card may only be used when attacking with a weapon and must placed beside weapon card when used and then discarded.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.