No Delay(or close) Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Today while playing Sheep Tag, my friend began to constantly beg me to remake, so I decided to.
He then told me he was hosting, which I didn't mind for(even though he normally had 1-3 second delay(lives in Texas, me Las Vegas)).
So after we finally get 10 people, he starts.
Right at five seconds(the countdown), it said he logged off Battle.net, which he knew was going to happen because he said something about it right when it happened. In the game, I was sheep first(it is really, really easy to test delay with them). I was completely confused..
There was at max .3 delay. I asked him how, he said it was a program. I don't think it was because it was something like he was in Las Vegas or something, because he logged off. The sad thing is, he logged off, and hasn't been back on.
I am sure he will be back, and will most likely tell me the program, and where to get it, but I am just wondering if anyone has seen this such program and if they know where to get it.

I will inform you all later if I get the program, and I will give out a download link.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I don't get it...

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
My friend has a program that gives you basicly 0 delay. I was wondering if anyone else has this, because I can't get it form him because he is offline.

If he comes online, I will try to get it, and I will give you all a link to download it.

That is it simple. ^.^

esb

Reaction score
OOHH
Does the delay make a difference?...
And how can you notice/test it?

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
I normally have say 1.5 delay in his host(he is east, I am west). Today, when he hosted, it felt like I was the host.

If you have ever played Sheep Tag, you can easily tell the delay when massing.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
You both live in close states and you get 1.5 delay?
Does he run downloads on dialup when he hosts?

So it gave the log off b.net message (he coulda faked btw), and he was able to continue messaging?
He probably runs dls 24/7, yet closed them that time.
There is no program that could eliminate/decrease delay. Delay is a matter of how long it takes for the internet stuff to go around (lol, ping iow).

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
First, he didn't fake, because of two reasons. One, when I do /f l, it said he was offline. And two, I couldn't whisper him.

Delay:
Nonhost: Connection to Battle.net, then connects to host. That is why, when always on Battle.net, you will get around say... .25 delay.

If any of you have ever heard of GGC(or Hamanchi(forgot how to spell correctly), it is a program that enables you to play LAN with anyone world wide. It doesn't get rid of 100% delay, but it can make it if you normally get 3 second delay turn into .1 second delay. This is done by connecting directly to the host, excluding Battle.net(long delay is normally by you living far away from the server, you then connecting to the server, then it connecting to the host which also lives far away).

Could this program be using the same idea has GGC?

BTW, you can download GGC at GG-Game.com, if you don't believe me about it.
You both live in close states and you get 1.5 delay?
I live in Las Vegas(Nevada) and he lives in Texas(forgot what city).

My best guess of how this is made is by "tricking" the "system" to think you are LAN with everyone.

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
this is impossible. Right now it is. If BLIZZARD THEMSELFS update b.net. it will decrease lag. But a program cant do this. the only way would be if u all had the program.

what next, are u going to say 1+1 is 1000?

excuse my while i roll around on the floor laughing.

>My best guess of how this is made is by "tricking" the "system" to think you are LAN with everyone.

someone please explain to this guy :rolleyes:

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Or google incorrect answers :cool:

elmstfreddie said:
I want you to know, that, the reason you had so little delay is because he logged off and you became host of the game.
yeah elmstfreddie was right.
lol I've gone insane.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Tell me how GGC does it then? Have any of you actually TRIED it yet? Download it, and have someone else host, you will see you have a LOT less delay that way.

You guys laugh a lot, but you don't know sh**. I still find it funny when people don't know the answer, they make some bullshit excuse.
I want you to know, that, the reason you had so little delay is because he logged off and you became host of the game.
I got the host? You people seem to not understand at all.
It said he logged off, yet he remained in the game. This happens when you get IP-Banned. So tell me, he loses the host and I gain it?
1+1=2

Talk enough crap? God damn... Like I said, go on GGC and see the proof, freaking jerks.

excuse my while i roll around on the floor laughing.
Learn English before insulting me please, thanks.

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
google LAN.

I guess i shold apolgize for this flaming, im not myself today ><

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
u cant use a thing like GGC through battlenet basically, without changing blizzards server systems at their HQ's first. i believe

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
u cant use a thing like GGC through battlenet basically, without changing blizzards server systems at their HQ's first. i believe

BNet ignores all things that happens out of the melee games - except for registering game name and map so it can be looked in the custom game list.

btw try posting in http://www.battle.net/forums.shtml

13.o.w.s.e.r

How Hosting Works

Azy, I take it you have always had the ability to host. In game where the host is the only person who has the capability to host and he leaves get defeated or w/e it drops everyone in the game.

But if someone else in the game can host B.net switches the host to them, so everyone's computer is connected to them and not to the other person, hence the "new host" is going to be expierincing as much delay as it normally does when he hosts, because he now IS THE HOST!

Don't insult people who are trying to help you.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
I'm sorry, how is it helping me if they are telling me to go i-am-noob.com?

Thanks Chocobo, I just never post there because they make me type my CD-Key. >.<

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I believe the GGC thing or whatever, but that's not battle.net anymore, that's just like running your own server. If you were actually on battle.net, and he went offline, and you couldn't message him (so he actually went offline), THAT MEANS YOU BECAME THE DAMNED HOST.
That happens all the time to me, the host leaves, I become host, I get no delay as compared to the previous 1 second delay.
There is no program that could possibly remove delay unless it somehow makes the signal move faster (impossible).

I'm sorry, how is it helping me if they are telling me to go i-am-noob.com?
Well you're being stupidly persistent, there is no possible program that could remove delay for battle.net.

esb

Reaction score
Hehe, i think his problem happens to me too.

I'm playing with my friends (My friend is the host, and in my buddy list) and then after like 30 minutes they tell me "Omg! you exited battle.net" and then i can't do any /f w or /f list or /w, etc.
Yet can still type in the game, and i lag out like... 30 minutes later (30 minute delay omg! lol)

So basicly my friend recieve the message that i logged off, yet i'm still playing, and i lag out 30 minutes later :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.