Non-moving, but able to turn

I

iAmKablam

I'm having trouble with an ability I'm working on. The unit has to be unable to move, but should be able to attack, and turn around to face whatever it is he's shooting at.

The way I have it now, is when he uses the ability, I replace him with another unit, with a zero movement speed.

The problem is that after I set movement speed to zero in the object editor, the unit can no longer pivot around, and only faces in one direction, regardless of the angle he's shooting at, so it looks goofy.

I've tried changing his movement type from flying to NONE too, but no luck there.
Tried changing movement type to FLOAT, which sort of works, but not the way I want it to.
Tried adding the Root ability with the turn field set to true, but that didn't help either.

Is there a simple way to fix this? or am I going to have to use triggers to make unit face the proper angle?

Thanks guys!

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
Do something like this, but fix up the event and everything, I got to go to bed so I didn't have much time...

Attachments

• Turn and attack.w3x
    16.5 KB · Views: 118

ShadowTek

Reaction score
Instead of changing its movement speed, why don't you just have a trigger that orders the unit to hold position?

K

KiD-X

what about if you tie in the ancients root ability to the ability you are making? I'm pretty sure when they are rooted into the ground they can still turn round, but then again I might be trippin out n makin shit up

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
first create a bloodlust spell, and make all bonus move speed to 0%, and in gameplay constants...theres a field there where it says Unit - minimum move speed, then set that to 0

and when ur unit cast the spell, then use the bloodlust spell to ur unit...yes it doesnt move but i can face anywhere

ShadowTek

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't a simple triggered hold position order work? You guys keep offering more complex solutions, so what is it about this that I am missing?

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
hold position...

i think he wants to right click a unit he wants to attack, not auto fire

ShadowTek

Reaction score
Alrighty then; I didn't make the assumption that he was targeting a unit. Just curious what you were aiming at. :D

Pigger

Reaction score
Setting the movement speed to 1 also works. It would take aeons just for it to move a centimeter on screen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.