Tutorial Object Editor Manual

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
A friend of mine made a tutorial for the World Editors Object Editor, and I compiled it into an HTML document (website).
I figured I'd share it with everyone, so they have a reference for the object editor, or as a guide if your still learning (I'm working on a downloadable version).
This still is a very early 'beta', so there are a lot of grammatical and spelling errors, and not the cleanest syntax in the world. (and the descriptions on things could be better)

You can find it at: http://lifeless.wc3haven.com/manual/index.html

(Concept taking from the JASS manual I found online a few weeks ago.)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
In my opinion, they are both lacking.

Both include explanations only for the fields that are easy to figure out anyway (with some exceptions). The fields that nobody knows what does are either not explained, or are guessed about what they do. Guessing without any proper testing is almost as bad as false information for a manual/tutorial/resource.

I like the idea about having a manual, but it has to be a lot more thorough and precise.

Btw, Art- Orientation Interpolation has to do with the unit's graphical turning speed. The higher the number, the slower the turning speed. It does not affect the actual movement of the unit like Movement - Turn Rate does. The only potential gameplay affected by Orientation Interpolation is triggers utilizing the function GetUnitFacing().

Lyerae

Reaction score
I didn't make the content, so I have no idea what that means.

As I said, this needs a lot of work. I only posted it so I could get feedback on how to make it better.

For now, I'm going to work on making the HTML syntax cleaner, and adding some CSS to it, and then work on improving the content.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
It's kind of a necessity to actually post the content here, not to link it.

Lyerae

Reaction score
What do you mean?
As I said, I only posted it so I could improve it.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think it's possible to post all the content here.
Just a link to the Manual itself.

That means that this actually has a slim chance of being approved - Unless we approve it as something else? Maybe a tool?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
As I said, I only posted it so I could improve it.

Yes, there is nothing bad in that, it's just that I really don't want to move threads to the tutorial repository if the content is just linked.

That means that this actually has a slim chance of being approved - Unless we approve it as something else? Maybe a tool?

It can stay as a tutorial but as long as the content is only linked I don't see a way to approve it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.