Odd Behavior Remove Effect result

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
I have a passive aura that applies a stacking buff to nearby units every 2 seconds, but i want to remove these stacks when the unit takes damage, therefore i created a damage response added onto the buff that removes that buff via a behavior removal effect, however, it removes the original passive as well. The behavior removal effect is set to remove the buff x1, so if the unit has 5 stacks, this effect should fire 5 times, and all of these buffs are removed. However, the original buff is removed as well, the one providing the aura. Because of this i wanted to see if it would be due to the targeting? i have the effect removing the buff behavior set to target the source, because when it is set to caster it appears to remove the buff from the original casting unit, but when i set it to source it removes the buff from the caster if it is hit.

This is how it is structured at the moment:
Trigger:
  • Behavior based ability
    • Main behavior, giving the aura
      • Final Effect apply behavior
        • Validator: Unit health > 0
        • reapply Passive main behavior //note the behavior is reapplied
      • Search effect for nearby allied units
        • Apply Buff effect
          • Buff behavior
            • Damage response as defender when damage is handled
              • Remove Behavior effect
                • Remove 1x buff behavior

this works but i wanted to see if there is an explanation for why the original buff is removed along with the applied buff, but if none is available i will continue to reapply upon removal.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I'm assuming the duration of the main behavior is infinite and that you apply the search effect through the periodic effect.

It seems weird that the "Remove Behavior" effect would remove another behavior as well. If you set the "Remove Behavior" effect to remove the behavior "(None)", does it still remove the main behavior?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
it removes all behaviors pertaining to that ability when i set it to (None)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.