well it should summon 2 dummies but it only summons 1 dummy

Code:
dummy test
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Doom Blast 
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Firebolt (Neutral Hostile) to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Set level of Firebolt (Neutral Hostile) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Doom Blast  for (Casting unit))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Firebolt (Neutral Hostile) to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Set level of Firebolt (Neutral Hostile) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Doom Blast  for (Casting unit))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Target unit of ability being cast)

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
"Target unit" doesn't make it in triggers that do their own casting. Store it in a variable...
Same with "casting unit". Use "Triggering unit" instead.

And use "starts the effect of" as event. Not "Begins ...".

Kelvin87

Reaction score
From the code shown, it is clearly create 2 dummies in the same time for sure. Do you confirm only just 1 dummy being created? To debug this Trigger, you can place 2 message texts on your trigger: Games-ShowTextToAllPlayer... to:
1. after 1st order of fire bolt
2. after the 2nd order of fire bolt
If 2 messages appear, then the 2 dummies are created. You might see the effect appeared at the same time, so it seems like only 1 dummy is created. To devide this 2 effect clearly, you can add 1 more action:
Trigger-Wait for x seconds (after the 1sr order of fire bolt)

Try and see. Hopefully I helped;)

isaax190

Reaction score
well from the above code it doesn't create 2 dummies instead in creates only 1 dummy and i tried using the wait trigger, it doesn't work(i mean only 1 dummy is created)...
but changing the "Begins casting an ability" to starts the effect and casting unit to triggering unit creates 2 dummies and the 2 dummies will cast the ability at the same time...

the problem right now is how to put some delay for each dummies...
im planning to make a triple shot skill...

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
I can't see anything in the code that would make it only create one unit.

The two units are created at the same location, and ordered to do the exact same thing. It probably just looks like there's one unit, while it really is two units on top of each other.

Another explanation could be that the trigger is ended prematurely due to using an uninitialized variable. Maybe 'Target unit of ability being cast' is not initialized at game start. (As AceHart has pointed out already, 'Target unit of ability being cast' doesn't work in 'A unit Begins casting an ability' events.

isaax190

Reaction score
The simplest is probably to use a new dummy ability for the second one that has a casting time.

well as u've said make a new ability right???
the problem about it is how can i issue an order if the ability is not there...
the first dummy will use neutral-firebolt and the second dummy will be using warlock-firebolt...
the problem there is no warlock ability there...

isaax190

Reaction score
warlock and neutral firebolt is the same???
but how come it doesn't work when i try to put in my trigger???

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.