Order unit to 'spell' unit, will there be damage?

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
If I use this action:
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Order UNIT1 to Special Archimonde - Finger Of Death UNIT2

Will UNIT2 suffer any damage from the Finger Of Death?

DioD

Reaction score
if wont suffer any damage on spellcast event, since finger have 0.250 delay.

xPass

Reaction score
Well, in that case how do I order a UNIT1 to cast a certain ability on UNIT2 cause I don't seem to be able to find that function in WE :(

TomTTT

Reaction score
Well, in that case how do I order a UNIT1 to cast a certain ability on UNIT2 cause I don't seem to be able to find that function in WE :(

Unit - Issue order targeting a unit
and to target a point:
Unit - Issue order targeting a point
and for instant: (no target)
Unit - Issue order with no target

xPass

Reaction score
No, I know that, what I meant was:

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order UNIT1 to Human Priest - Heal UNIT2

(WC3 tags are back, hooray!!)

But I cannot order the UNIT1 to cast the custom spell I wan to UNIT2

Happy

Reaction score
to order an unit to cast a custom spell order it to cast the spell its based of :D

TomTTT

Reaction score
Just what Happy said... You need to order the Base Order ID. Let's say, you based something on Archmage's Blizzard then:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order UNIT to Human Archmage - Blizzard

DioD

Reaction score
1) Cast skill
2) Display order id of spell casted
3) Write it down anywhere
4) USE
5) do it self ofc
6) there is no list of every id anywhere and noone will do it for you
7) most skills have orderstring, located in samenamed object field.
8) RTFM, there is tutorial section, check dummycasting.

xPass

Reaction score
>.< I don't get it... From step 1 onwards, is it in-game or in world editor? I'll go check the tutorial

DioD

Reaction score
if you able to cast spells inside world editor - well do it inside world editor...

one more time, check tutotial in dummy casting, it explain HOW TO cast spells, custom spells, channel and anything else for any unit, not only dummy.

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
No, I know that, what I meant was:

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order UNIT1 to Human Priest - Heal UNIT2

(WC3 tags are back, hooray!!)

But I cannot order the UNIT1 to cast the custom spell I wan to UNIT2

what's wrong with the Action, you must add some "condition" :
ability being cast equal to Heal <--- your costum ability

and of course the event must be related to the action.
hope usefull to you.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
All abilities have Base Order Id. So let's say your spell is based on "Storm Bolt", thus to order a unit to cast storm bolt, you tell it to "Human - Storm Bolt". It doesn't matter if it's a custom spell or not. What matters is the Base Order Id.

xPass

Reaction score
But then how do we use a "custom skill" but using the base order id? Can you like, make an example pls? Thanks in advance

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
All Custom skills are based on the default WC3 skill. For example, a modified, custom Storm Bolt is based on the default ability Storm Bolt. Thus, for your modified, custom Storm Bolt, you use the Base Order Id "Human - Storm Bolt" to order the unit to use that ability. This also means that a unit should not have 2 abilities with the same base order id.

TomTTT

Reaction score
what's wrong with the Action, you must add some "condition" :
ability being cast equal to Heal <--- your costum ability

and of course the event must be related to the action.
hope usefull to you.

He means how to cast a custom ability, not that there's a problem with this trigger, because I don't think it's a trigger he uses.
@xPass
Ok, let's say you based the ability of Tranquility, ok? As far as we got it - It's still "Tranquility" even though now it's custom, right? Custom is just the classification, as not the original. So I changed the custom Tranquility ability, changed it's model and data. Now I want a unit to cast it. So what is this ability? Tranquility, or at least that Base order ID. You don't need to KNOW the base order ID, it is only important if you want to cast a Channel-based ability. So you got it till now? I made an ability out of another, and the Base order ID sticks with it, so you just order the unit to cast the ability you based it of (Make sure 2 abilities for the same unit aren't based of the same, because then it'll launch both of them). If it's channel, you can change the Base order ID, but the names are easy. like "tranquility", "acolyteharvest", and more. All are understandable.

xPass

Reaction score
He means how to cast a custom ability, not that there's a problem with this trigger, because I don't think it's a trigger he uses.
@xPass
Ok, let's say you based the ability of Tranquility, ok? As far as we got it - It's still "Tranquility" even though now it's custom, right? Custom is just the classification, as not the original. So I changed the custom Tranquility ability, changed it's model and data. Now I want a unit to cast it. So what is this ability? Tranquility, or at least that Base order ID. You don't need to KNOW the base order ID, it is only important if you want to cast a Channel-based ability. So you got it till now? I made an ability out of another, and the Base order ID sticks with it, so you just order the unit to cast the ability you based it of (Make sure 2 abilities for the same unit aren't based of the same, because then it'll launch both of them). If it's channel, you can change the Base order ID, but the names are easy. like "tranquility", "acolyteharvest", and more. All are understandable.

Ah, finally someone got what I'm trying to ask :D

Back on the topic, do you mean that I have to remove the original based off skill if I want to activate the custom one? By the way, how do I change the base order id? Even if I change it, it won't appear in the trigger, will it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.