overpower(ursa) question...

isaax190

Reaction score
when using butterfly+hyperstone+cuirass+anything that increases attackspeed, the attackspeed of ursa is at max...?
or not??...
since if u use overpower the attackspeed of ursa goes beyond his normal max attackspeed...
is it that ursa's combat-cooldown is change when using overpower???
i mean triggered-change...

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
You're forgetting that everyone doesn't play Dota, and those who don't have no idea what you are talking about.
This question seems misplaced, try the Dota Forums. (http://www.dota-allstars.com/)

You should really try to write better. Start sentences with capitalized letters, use one period and question mark, 'you' not 'u', 'I' not 'i', and so on..

isaax190

Reaction score
You're forgetting that everyone doesn't play Dota, and those who don't have no idea what you are talking about.
This question seems misplaced, try the Dota Forums. (http://www.dota-allstars.com/)

You should really try to write better. Start sentences with capitalized letters, use one period and question mark, 'you' not 'u', 'I' not 'i', and so on..

lol!
my point is to know if this skill has combat-cooldown changer(eer... i mean changing its max attackspeed)...

anyways i just wanted to see the code...

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
No it doesn't, it just adds the generic attack speed increase ability on spell cast for a duration. While you can add 999999% attack speed, the max attack speed will still cap at 400% increased (or thereabouts).

Jagan

Reaction score
I don't have the exact code but the spell is not hard to trigger at all. Here's how it is coded in DotA:

Overpower (A059)
Based on Frenzy, it provides for everything except the forceful removal of the buff.

There's an array of variables saved for every player which saves the number of attack Ursa has done with Overpower. Whenever the effect of Overpower happens, the variable[player] is reset to 0.

Whenever a unit is killed or a unit is attacked, the game checks if it has the Overpower buff, if it does, then set variable[player] to the dying unit equal to 0 (since there's not dying unit when it's called because of an attack this does nothing then). Then set the variable[player] of the attacking unit equal to itself+1. If it's then bigger than 5, forcefully remove the buff from it.

Note that this skill sees only if the unit has begun the attack, so if by any chance you cancel it before doing the damage (being stunned, pressing S) that hit with IAS will be lost.

Oh, and as pointed already, you're better off posting DotA questions in their official forums. You'll probably get more elaborate, accurate answers as not everyone here plays DotA.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.