Pedestal Pack - Useful for terrainers

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of terrainers around here and so, I thought I tell you about my pedestal model pack as well, since it may be useful in enchancing your map. Already many of you might say "no thanks, I don't use custom models" but I find that it has its own advantages.

First of all, it uses no custom skins. Already a lot of size is reduced. But wait, we're not done. Each model is around 1.5 KB in size. You realize how small that is?! And besides, you don't need to use all the pedestals. There are up to 15 different types, from Ashenvale to Sunken Ruins, so not all terrain types are included (may improve in the future if the pack is a success ;)) but atleast a pedestal may match your map style.

I'd like to thank Jacek for giving me this idea. He needed one of the pedestals for his map called Hexagon. So, without any further chit-chat, here is a screenshot and the attached pack. Enjoy and give feedback!

PedestalsPack2.jpg

~Daelin

Attachments

• PedestalPack.zip
    16.2 KB · Views: 169

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
Updated pack so that includes 9 more pedestals (no screeny though :D, you have to download pack to see them). Come on people... I want to see your comments and suggestions!!!!!!!

~Daelin

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Aight.

Comments --

Brilliant, I think these will make some awesome stairs and stuff. Not sure what a pedestal would be useful for just as a pedestal :p

Suggestions --

Reduce the size of that screenshot. It doesn't need to be that big to show off the awesomeness of these pedestals.

UV Wrapping on the Demon Pedestal could be improved. The vertices wrap too much together and form the weird over-stretchedness of the middle.

Rocky Outland Pedestal? Might be asking for too much, but it would be cool if it even floats just a little above the ground and had a bit of a stalagmite on the end.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Yar, very useful, thanks. Too bad they don't have a bottom. =P

A more white one would be nice. Maybe with a skin from a white column or wall.
That demon one looks freaky. xD

Oh, and since you made them, can we use some for RotHE?

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
Well... Adding a bottom didn't seem necessary to me but if you need it, I can. I may make a marble one too, and even an outland. I mean, why not?

And of course we can use them in RotHE. Small, efficient, good-looking, what else do you want?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
It probably adds another .5 kb or so to add a bottom, but like I or 2-P would care. That'd only make it 2 kb :p

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
Problem with making a bottom would be that I would have to mirror the whole model on the Z axis, which would practically double it. Why would I do that? Because the wrapping on the edges screams for that. :)

I'll see if I can do that addition while keeping filesize really low. In the meantime, I replaced the image with the second pack so that you can check the newer pedestals. Who would've thought that I would make so many?

~Daelin

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Those are pretty nice. I may use them in my RPG, thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.