permanent frost armor

windale5

Reaction score
I just wanted to know if i can make frost armor like immolation on a item. But I can not have it so you can autocast it on yourself because people would abuse it and just trade it to each other to have the frost armor on them. If so can i know how and if it requires a trigger plz put in code. ty

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Errr... you'd need to make a periodic trigger, that makes a dummy that cast Frost Armor on every unit with that item. Not too hard IMO.

...................OR

Frost Armor with 0 duration? <-- Untested

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
You COULD use BlackRose's solution, but it would have to be a fast periodic trigger (at least every .5 sec) and that would probably be a waste of prestanda. Another option might be to check if there's a passive ability that slows enemies when attacked, and add it together with Item Armor Bonus +X as well as any art to your item. If there isn't any such skill, you could make a trigger like this, in combination with a slow spell effect:
Trigger:
  • Add Units To Group
    • Event
      • A unit enters (playable map area)
    • Action
      • Add event to trigger - (Entering Unit) is damaged

Trigger:
  • Slow effect
    • Event
    • Condition
      • Damaged unit has (YOUR ITEM)
    • Action
      • Create 1 Dummy at (Position of Damaging Unit)
      • Add (YOUR SLOW ABILITY) to Last Created Unit
      • Order Last Created Unit to (Sorceress - Slow) damaging unit
      • Add a 1.5 seconds expiration timer to Last Created Unit

Of course needs to be de-leaked and such...

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Errr... you'd need to make a periodic trigger, that makes a dummy that cast Frost Armor on every unit with that item. Not too hard IMO.

...................OR

Frost Armor with 0 duration? <-- Untested

0 duratoin tends to make it last forever... This would actually work quite well assuming Rose is right and it does in fact last forever... If it does all you have to do is make a trigger that, when the unit drops said item, it removes the frost armor buff, and when a unit acquires an item... casts the spell on the hero again... Should remove the frost effect whenever a unit doesn't have the item and keep it up when a unit does... it would pretty much do exactly what you want and not generate a bunch of lag/unit spawn...

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
0 duration will have buff cancelled off when the unit dies/debuffed etc. So you have to fix those possibilities.

As for damage taken event, the event fires whenever the unit gets damaged, regardless of the source. Imagine if an enemy unit Soul Burn the unit... It will get slowed whenever the periodic damage occurs.

'A unit is attacked' event would be better in my opinion.

windale5

Reaction score
maybe

Is this possible
A unit acquires item
item equal to ice armor
cast frost armor on triggering hero/unit
if unit drops/sells item ice armor remove frost armor from unit.

I think i am right. if i am can i get this in code to have it cleaned up.

mordocai

Reaction score
units has item cast spell on him.
Unit doesnt have item cast purge on him,(edited ofc)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.