RPG Phantasy Star on Warcraft

Music Man

Cool Member
Reaction score
wp-PSO-592-0640.jpg

If anyone has every played Phantasy Star Online, I'm trying to replicate it with a little warcraft variation (in mainly spells and items). It's pretty close to the original, I've been able to make mags, accurate boss bottles, and other pretty exciting things. This map I am making will just be all the episode 1 material, if it plays nicely than I will make it a campaign type of thing and add episode 2/4 and other things.

Been working on it and I thought if anyone had an interesting in custom models/weapons/quest ideas/ or other suggestions to help me out it would be great if you could let me know... I'm sure I can release a sample if anyone is interested of just looking at it up to Caves 2. It needs a lot of beta testing.. any how, thanks for all comments and ideas.

Last edited:

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
From what i read (very little) the map has started. If you need i can help with beta testing.

Saintbob

Reaction score
I love this idea!
I used to play Phantasy Star online on the Dreamcast, and was addicted to it.
If ya need beta testers or help with terrain, im at you're disposal! :D

Let me know.

P.s some screenies, Reply or DL would be great :D

Saintbob

Reaction score
Whats happening with this?
I'd really love to get involved, or atleast help test it for you.
And the thread hasn't had a reply from you yet Music Man.

get back to us :D

Music Man

Cool Member
Reaction score
Progress...

Sorry I've been busy with work, the game is coming along, surely but slowly.
I have a lot of problems to iron out before I start letting people help me.

Some of them include:

Difficulty Reducing the file size of the music tracks
Item tables... Section IDs, Mags, Naming Character... Spell Books etc.

My goal is by next week, I can put this out into the public for some feedback.
It will include all of Forest 1 and 2 and the dragon boss (which consumed a lot of my time so its good :D ).

What would be really helpful, but time consuming, is to youtube the PSO EPISODE 1 and 2 Soundtrack, grab as many music files as you can, label them, and send them 2 me very quality reduced. I.e around 50 - 70% reduced quality.

I'm no modeler but am also working on some textures for "custom models"....
so if anyone out there can model and has an interest let me know.

I will be sure to upload some screen shots Saturday or Sunday concerning game play and environment. Maybe a will fraps a video on youtube or something.

---------------

Any Questions ---> Ask

---------------

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
For the music, convert it to MIDI, though for users to hear the music, you have to use regedit, as well as yourself.

drak_dragon

Reaction score
wp-PSO-592-0640.jpg

If anyone has every played Phantasy Star Online, I'm trying to replicate it with a little warcraft variation (in mainly spells and items). It's pretty close to the original, I've been able to make mags, accurate boss bottles, and other pretty exciting things. This map I am making will just be all the episode 1 material, if it plays nicely than I will make it a campaign type of thing and add episode 2.

Been working on it and I thought if anyone had an interesting in custom models/weapons/quest ideas/ or other suggestions to help me out it would be great if you could let me know... I'm sure I can release a sample if anyone is interested of just looking at it up to Caves 2. It needs a lot of beta testing.. any how, thanks for all comments and ideas.

I loved phantasy star Blue Burst. I'd definetly give this map a try.

Saintbob

Reaction score
What would be really helpful, but time consuming, is to youtube the PSO EPISODE 1 and 2 Soundtrack, grab as many music files as you can, label them, and send them 2 me very quality reduced. I.e around 50 - 70% reduced quality.

Here go here for the Download of the Episode 1 and 2 music in MP3 format.
http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/phantasy-star-online-episode-i-ii-premium-arrange

Then go here to download a converter...
http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/mp3-to-midi-converter.html

Im not sure how safe the both 2 links are... but the converter i've used before and had no problems, just virus check them etc before opening them.

Hope this helps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.