PHP Errors

H

Heptameron

You guys might know about this already, but I'm getting these about two-thirds of the times I load a page (and it always makes the page load slowly).
Warning: Unknown(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /global.php(389) : eval()'d code on line 15

Warning: Unknown(http://www.thehelper.net/leftmain.php?forumid=67): failed to open stream: Success in /global.php(389) : eval()'d code on line 15

Warning: Unknown(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /global.php(389) : eval()'d code on line 15

Warning: Unknown(http://www.thehelper.net/leftmain.php?forumid=67): failed to open stream: Success in /global.php(389) : eval()'d code on line 15

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening 'http://www.thehelper.net/leftmain.php?forumid=67' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /global.php(389) : eval()'d code on line 15​

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
We have been getting these off and on for a few weeks now. It is not the site, it is the same as it has been. There is something wrong with the server we are on. However, the problem is intermittent and every time I report it to tech support they don't get the error. It is like a nightmare really. We have been having some host problems lately. We are working to try and sort it out. Thanks for the report.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
On the home page this happened to me. All the links said this. I refreshed and the same thing happened. : /

H

Heptameron

Well, they haven't shown up today yet; maybe it worked. :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Well, overlord of the dark side :D

They seem to be gone from the Navigation bar, I haven't gotten ONE from that since you said ya fixed it. The header and stuff still do it occasionally, but more rarely.

And uh... SUDDENLY NONE OF MY POSTS CAN BE MARKED AS READ!

DAMMIT!

But that's not a big deal... I'll fix it... Eventually :D

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, since there is no PHP code in the header, just a php include, if you are still getting the error it is probably not fixed. Judging by the response I got from the host they are not going to be too helpful if the problem comes back. Hopefully what SD did took care of the problem, fingers crossed, but I was on at some ungodly time last night and it was working then as well so I am not sure what fixed it. Only time will tell.

Sargon

Reaction score
Earlier today I got a Bandwith Limit Exceeded error.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Bandwidth exceeded problem should be eliminated. If you ever get that message again email me at [email protected] and let me know. I am not on 24 hours a day and at least I can do something about that error message.

Chile

The All Purpose Administrator
Reaction score
I can assure everyone that the problem isn't with the way this site is coded.

As TheHelper said, it's an issue related to our server, and most likely due to improper configuration on our hosts end for PHP or an improper vHost configuration for Apache (which would cause problems with the DNS which would then make IP matching for relative paths troublesome).

I have no idea how to fix the problem, but these are just a couple of suggestions.

H

Heptameron

I've seen it at least twice this evening, but it's nowhere near as common. And it's only one or two errors instead of six.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.