PJASS - "Unrecognized PJASS (syntax) error"

Triax

Reaction score
Yay, now both of us are confused. x)

I'm just comparing the two maps.
I was wondering about that Unit-Type thing so I wanted to see whether I did something that stupid, but obviously I didn't. And yes, I get an error though I shouldn't have that problem.

I'm trying to fix the old version, 'cause I want to keep GUI-triggers.
As you said, there might be some errors because of changing the variable names (maybe I shouldn't have changed nearly each name at the same time x) ), I'm remaking those triggers which got broken in your version. Maybe that'll help. And maybe it won't be midnight until I've (hopefully) fixed that.

Don't you think that makes sense?

"Above and beyond me"? Lolz, cool saying. ^^

I'm trying to fix the old one until I got gray hair, with the errors that turned out in yours, because mine has to lead to them somehow, doesn't it?
But you can be sure that I will give you credit, definitely. ;D

Good night

Wt ... I just didn't understand that you want me to just recreate those which got broken, I guess. xD
Let's hope and pray, I'll tell you tomorrow.

Yes, yes, though, loving you for having done that. ;)
And you did not tell me how you rebuilt it! =)

No, as I said, I fixed that by using my old UI files again. I also attached them to one post, didn't I? (here they are)

Then let's all be happy if this should work. =D Fixing this will take too long, I'm going now. I Just made it to the second trigger due to kinda chatting with you. ^^ Good night, thanks, thanks, super-thanks. :)

Last answer (?): No, all but 2 are GUI, just 2 (!) are JASS. Maybe now you understand why I was shocked because of remaking all GUI triggers. ;)

Never cared about JASS, just because of locals. Why should I, I got little cute GUI. Just hate how comments are displayed in GUI.
Still, I'm at least getting my toothbrush now ...

Lol, imagine us having written everything just in 1 post each. ^^

Damn you, you did, you really did. I was close to killing myself. oO And you got credit right ... now in a new "rubbish map". ;) How can I change that title displayed beneath my name?

Ok, ok, good night. =D

Will you answer tomorrow? ;) x)

Triax

Reaction score
I rebuilt those 8 triggers, but it still gives me that PJASS syntax error.
What you said about carrying out the variables' names/types out to the triggers made me think of variable declarations in war3map.j and ... tada! Look at the screenshot I attached. So it's not that the types did not arrive at the triggers.

I'm going to change that and import the new war3map.j. Let's see what happens.

[edit]
I forgot that types are actually integers. -.-

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 267

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Upload the new file of yours?
Reinstall/redownload JNGP?
Open your map with standard World Editor, save map? Upload this one instead, because then I probably can get the GUI triggers into my version, and voila, give that back to you?
Or even better: upload the "GUI" triggers, as in > Trigger editor > Export Trigger Data > Upload that file. Then I can add it in "my" rebuilt version, voila... ? Or you could do it too, but I want to! :p
>>Let's see what happens.
What happened?

Triax

Reaction score
Nothing happened, because I remembered that type variables are integers, so I didn't change anything.

I wanted to export the triggers, but everything which got exported are 2 triggers. I opened the map with a mpq editor and opened the contained war3map.wct, it contains the same as the .wct I exported.

I'm going to create war3map.wct manually and import it with a mpq editor.

[edit]
I forgot to add the .wtg, now it's also in the .zip.
So .wct contains JASS and .wtg contains GUI? So everything is right, I guess.

Attachments

• arena 09-02-17 trigger recreated.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 191

Triax

Reaction score
Everything looks ok for now, though there is something about tile pathability, but I think I can fix that. Thank you for your effort and time "many times". ;) :)

I guess you imported the trigger files I uploaded last and corrected the variable types in your rebuilt version?

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Did not even bother to use your files there. Changed variable types, yes, among other things.

>>thouth there is something about tile pathability, but I think I can fix that
What? In the version I've uploaded? It cannot be? I did not do anything in the editor. Hmm... At least, no terrain changing.

But that map works right? For you? Playable and all? The one in my previous post?
So we are cool? If we are cool, cool.

Triax

Reaction score
I've been working on a certain spell and bla bla, sorry for not coming around.

The map you sent me worked well, everything ok, didn't get any error. I don't think anything's missing, at least I didn't recognize.
The tile pathability was different than before. I'd used custom settings, to build altars on stone ground. I fixed that a few days ago, dunno what I've done. :D

Yeah, I guess we're cool now, you more than me, but though, really, yeah. Cool. :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.