Plantronics headset

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure i won't get an answer out of this, but i'm going to try anyways.

I have a Plantronics headset DSP 500 with a mic.

Lately the sound in the left earphone has been going out in it, it has sound at one moment, then if i turn my head it loses sound.

I'm guessing there is a short in the headset somewhere, and i was looking for suggestions on how to fix it, if there is a way to fix it. I payed $70 on the headset, and i really can't afford buying another one at the moment.

Logical_1

Advisor
Reaction score
Look for breaks in the wire, if there are no visible breaks, then the wire inside the plastic jacketing may have become separated from bending in different directions too frequently. Another thing to check is to pull apart the earpiece and see that the connection of the wire to the speaker within is still solid. The likelihood though is that it is related to frequent bending of a certain part of the wire at some juncture and unless you have some way of splicing back together the wire, buying a new one will be your only option.

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
Problem solved, costed me $5.

Called plantronics customer service, told them i had got this headset as a present a few months back, and i mailed it to them today. They will send me a brand new one as soon as they recieve it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.