plz explain how good 56k is

N

new bed

im gonna buy a laptop and the internet connection offered is 56k. i need to know if i can play games like warcraft on this connection, and if i would lag much or not. thanks for any help in advance and sorry if i posted in wrong forum.

T

ThE-eNiGmA

Whoa...Your asking how good 56k is? In my SC days being a 56ker was worse than being a noob, and if you are a noob thats a 56ker....

I can't really tell you, because I got DSL :D But...While I THINK you can play with 56k, nobody will like you. Nobody.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Well if you try playing with 56k, you'll come out with a black eye but its up to you :p
joking eheh..

Uhmm being on 56k connection will limit your fun.
On warcraft, you will often get disconnected and people will flame you for lagging.

You can still have some fun on 56k but I don't recommend it.

:)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
well, its the second worst connection, first worst is 32k or something

T

ThE-eNiGmA

Are you kidding me? Imagine 16k. Or whatever it was back then. You can go lower than 32k, I believe. But 56k is so cheap, why bother with obsolecent junk.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
lol your waiting 10 mins to load a 20 kb webpage.

N

new bed

oh

i was just wondering cause most laptops offer that. i got cable at home . I had no clue what 56k was until now thanks guys

T

ThE-eNiGmA

...............Most Laptops??? Were you just thawed out from ten years ago? Dude, just make sure it has an ethernet port. It will probably have a telephone port too for the 56k modem. If you can, get broadband and they will probably give you the modem.

T

ThE-eNiGmA

Lol, from an airplane? Since I don't travel by air on a regular basis, I wouldn't have tried that out yet. But yeah, i have wireless on my laptop too. A laptop that runs wc3!

sqrage

Reaction score
DDRtists said:
I have wireless for my laptop, so i can play bnet from a airplane :D
no you cant lol. there is no hotspot at random place in sky :p

T

ThE-eNiGmA

actually, while i am not 100 percent positive on this, i think some jumbos are considering offering wireless...like they would with phones.

Rad

Reaction score
Well 56k is free if you find one of those old versions of AOL with the 'free trial'. Just make a new account every 3 months ;)

But, if you dont have access to anything else you should shoot yourself... well unless you dont have a gun I guess you should get 56k... Think of it this way though, when you go to download the patch it will take at least 3 hours... if you dont get d/c xD

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
if you cant buy anything better then 56k, build a windmill and windmill-powered connection, servers, everything, run your own internet. only problem is that it would wtf up when the wind stops blowing.

N

new bed

whoa

lol u ppl have some strong feelings bout the 56k. anyway you helped a lot because the laptop that i wanna buy (pavillion zd8000) seems to offer the 56k and ethernet so it shouldnt be a problem then :).

another question .. how good is this ? "10/100 Ethernet LAN"

sqrage

Reaction score
new bed said:
another question .. how good is this ? "10/100 Ethernet LAN"

thats just the ethernet card, telling you it can run 10mbps or 100mbps internet. Which is very good, but then you will need to get broadband service. That ethernet card can run broadband though, so its good. broadband = 10000x better than 56k. :D

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
wow, you've never tried 14k have you. good god. anyway, i wouldnt recommend it. you would have 0 to 1% fun. At least thats what I think and laptops slow down my ability to play. I need a mouse. I knwo some shortcut keyes but dont usually use them.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
its just that laptops are considerable slower than desktops. for example, my cpu has 1 gb of RAM. how much does an average laptop have?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.