Poetry Contest 2!

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
You don't expect us to be nice... when Seth is a Judge do you?
*falls on the ground laughing*
If you do...
(I will leave that comment blank)

Like I said the winner of the Contest gets to be host of the next contest

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
I think we should rotate the judges every once in a while. Maybe, Seth is always the sudden death judge, the winner and one of the older judges are judges for the next contest.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
What you don't want host and not be able to pick the topic?
Judges don't get to do that
I hosted it because no one could host it at the time

Halahan

Reaction score
What do you mean, can and can't, we're kind've making this up as we go along... Whats wrong with a judge making a topic? you did, this poetry contest turned out fine. I don't see any reason why we can't.

didn't exactly understand you when you said "What you don't want host and not be able to pick the topic?"

I suggest The old judge could make the topic (if there even has to be a topic), and the winner of the last Poetry contest would host and judge.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok did you even read the top post
Judges stay the same
The Winner gets to host
and pick the topic of what the poetry is about
Does anyone read anymore...

Halahan

Reaction score
Judging should be switched at least ever two contests. the winner since he wins has to be a good enough poet to judge, or he wouldn't have won. We're all writers here, we should all be given a chance to judge, if your a good enough poet to win the contest then you should be good enough to judge, what makes you so qualified to judge when Me or Rheias or someone couldn't?

I don't see anything wrong with the judges picking the topic... if the winner hosted and judged, the other judge that didn't step down from the last Poetry contest could pick the topic. Everybody wins. You did all three, this Contest worked out fine.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
If you're hosting, you're allowed to judge.

Krys and I should always be, in some way, judging. 1) Because we're not allowed to judge each other's works due to our relationship conflict and 2) because we're the staff members that deal with this section the most.

So technically host and judge are the same thing. So, as a host [and a judge], you get to pick the new topic when you win.

Halahan

Reaction score
That's what I was saying. Or at least most of it, I wanted to keep you always as sudden death judge, (if thats what its called, I forget) but I wasn't sure about Krys staying as a judge. But that works.

So, the winner of the Poetry contest will Judge and Host next Poetry Contest, while Krys orThe Mod or above thats the other judge will pick the topic. Although, if you and Krys ever want to switch, you judge she's sudden death, thats fine. Or if conan ever wanted to be part of your judging/sudden death triangle.

I just wanted some flow in the judging, so it wasn't always the same. And if I ever won I'd like a chance to judge, prob same with anyone else.

DM Cross

Reaction score

If you WIN, you get to HOST the next one. HOST = third JUDGE.

So... Win :p Then you'll get to be the judge. Well, one of them.

If Conan wants in, he can be the third regular judge and I'll just oversee the contest.

Krys IS the Writer's Corner moderator. I'm just on the moderation list because this is one of the topics I watch the most.

Halahan

Reaction score
I don't get you.
so Then Mizo and Krys always stay judges? and then ..

plz explain.

DM Cross

Reaction score
What? No, why would Miz stay a judge? He's not a moderator.

KRYS is a MODERATOR of this forum. As am I. Scroll down to the bottom of the page... See on the right? Moderators 2: Krys A Night and Seth Cross.

That's us. Chances are, we'll stay judges in each contest.

The third judge [Miz this time, whoever wins this contest will be the third judge for contest 3] is debatable/changeable/subject to new people.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
As I see it him and Krys are always judges. Then whoever wins is the third judge.

EDIT: Ah he explained it.

Halahan

Reaction score
I know he isn't a mod and I know you and Krys Mod this forum, but I didn't understand what you were saying before, since you being the sudden death judge I wasn't sure if you were including yourself in the set of three judges, but I got it now. You and Krys will always remain judges, you guys can figure out the sudden death thing or all judge regular or whatever together, and then the winner will take Mizo's judging place and host.

But I knew you and Krys were mods, I just didn't understand the 'set of three'
peace

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes and who ever takes my place I will forever hate :D
joking of course (but doesn't mean I have to like it)

Anyway then I'll enjoy my last days as judge knowing I'm at the chopping block

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Sounds like a fair system Seth. Two days left everyone, good luck, I find almost all the songs submitted amazing, this is going to be hard... *places bets on Halahan*.

Halahan

Reaction score
Alright, I'm glad we got all that sorted out.
Thanks Rheias, that means a lot coming from you, I personally think you'll win. lol make a bet on it? We bet a rep on who wins lol that way everyone wins! (Seth might say no though, trust me he'll play with our minds and make it sound like a good reason :) )

DM Cross

Reaction score
You shouldn't bet rep. You should just rep the winner. They're the one that won the contest, not some silly bet.

Halahan

Reaction score
>To Rheias
Told you
>To Seth
Told you too lol
But again I get your point, I won't

One More day till the results.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.