Poison/Searing Arrows Help(Ability)

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
What is the event for searing arrows. I made an ability, poison arrows, based on that and i want a 20% chance for it to slow down the enemy or the poison to effect him. The problem being is that my trigger that i used to do this doesn't run to start with. Current Trigger:
Code:
Poison Arrows
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Poison Arrows
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: Testing
        If ((Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 20) then do (Do nothing) else do (Skip remaining actions)
        Set ptTempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ptTempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_ptTempPoint)
        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Poison Arrows Slow  to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Target unit of ability being cast)

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Funny way of making an if/then/else, but it should work. Why don't you try the regular way?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
FYI warcraft already features a poison arrows spell (and yes it has auto-cast just like searing).
search for it in the object editor.

and btw all "casting" events only work if you actually cast the ability - click on it and then select the unit.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
N2o) said:
Lol oh well, so has anybody got any ideas on how to do this?
Well...are you sure you wrote the JASS code right? (I don't know many of JASS, this is just a question)

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
SFilip said:
FYI warcraft already features a poison arrows spell (and yes it has auto-cast just like searing).
search for it in the object editor.

and btw all "casting" events only work if you actually cast the ability - click on it and then select the unit.

Ok will look into that, thanks.

NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
Well...are you sure you wrote the JASS code right? (I don't know many of JASS, this is just a question)
Yes all it does is remove the point memory leak.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.