Posts Deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

salbrismind

Admin hello?

I've made a post to tell people to check out my post in the member forums but 2 times now it has disappeared?

Was it the link in the post or is what i did not allowed?

Btw: Someone posted asking people for suggests in this forum so why are my posts being deleted and not theirs?

Sefiraat

Reaction score
I think that it is regarded as a sort of spamming, to regard to another one you your posts like that, it may have just been moved

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
bump your thread, dont start a new one,

Btw: Someone posted asking people for suggests in this forum so why are my posts being deleted and not theirs?

maybe they missed it? lol

S

salbrismind

Moved where? its not in the members projects sub forum.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you not read? The rules OR the response I posted in that locked thread? You already have a thread about your project. Double threading is not good. You should not post a new thread that is basically just a re-direct to the main thread. So they were deleted.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> closed my thread that asked why this happened
After telling you the reason of course.
We have the members' projects forum separated for a reason. Do not create extra threads to promote the one you made there.

S

salbrismind

Did you not read? The rules OR the response I posted in that locked thread? You already have a thread about your project. Double threading is not good. You should not post a new thread that is basically just a re-direct to the main thread. So they were deleted.

Now you must be thinking im some sort of rule breaker jerk who wants to flame till he dies, am i right? Well in any case thats not true i'm only trying to find fair moderating here. If that offends you understand it is not my will to have that.

What i need is fairness and this has not been given. I am simply advertising to people who would not normally go to that subforum. What is the difference between linking people to tutorials and what i did? Just because its of self gain(mostly) doesn't mean you can make new rules because you think what i did is wrong. Ask yourself what i really did wrong. Tell me when you can answer that. Btw: The rules do not say double threading is wrong, or that linking to another forum is wrong. It says :

"DO NOT. POST. MULTIPLE THREADS. ASKING. THE. SAME. QUESTION. This will be heavily enforced. Most same-question threads will be deleted."

I am not asking any question and this rule refers to a single forum. Again to stress my position in this matter, i am not trying to cause trouble put to point out a mere flaw in your thinking to help myself and others(people who might want to work on my map but won't ever look in that forum because maybe their too lazy)

So call me what you want, think what you want but what i wrote is all true.

-SalbrisMind

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
salbris, he knows his job.

Quit it.

EDIT:

> I am not asking any question and this rule refers to a single forum.

And all of its subforums.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Now you must be thinking im some sort of rule breaker jerk who wants to flame till he dies, am i right?

No.
You are incorrect.

> i'm only trying to find fair moderating here

You have. We are quite fair.

> I am simply advertising to people who would not normally go to that subforum.

Well, don't. If people want to go into the Members' Project forum, they will. Don't try to force stuff upon them in the main WE help zone. That is for HELPING, not advertisement.

> doesn't mean you can make new rules

Um, yes, it does. The staff makes the rules. In this case, though, no new ones were made.

> I am not asking any question and this rule refers to a single forum.

You are not asking a question? That in itself might qualify for deletion....
Single forum? Yes, the WE help forum and all its sub-forums.

> i am not trying to cause trouble put to point out a mere flaw in your thinking to help myself and others

Flaw? I don't see one. Still looking.

> So call me what you want, think what you want but what i wrote is all true.

Not going to 'call' you anything, but you are incorrect on that point.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Listen, when they delete it, they have more privileges then you do, they basically created this forum, when they delete something, they have a reason, you may have read something, but perhaps seen it differently as others. They have more authority than you over anything you do in this forum, so if you are going to complain about what they have done, and what they have prooven, they don't need a reason for deleting it.

I understand that you probably think that you are right, but it's like you know these forums better then they do. You do not, that is why they are right.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Note the underlined.

And? you are double-threading anyways.

Alright, seems like you don't intend on quitting it...

> What i need is fairness and this has not been given. I am simply advertising to people who would not normally go to that subforum.

There is a forum for member's project, and there is a forum for questions. You said it yourself: "I am not asking any question". Why are you posting on the World Editor Help forum then? You don't advertise on the WE Help forum, you ask questions.

> What is the difference between linking people to tutorials and what i did?

Those tutorials help answer the questions.

> Just because its of self gain(mostly) doesn't mean you can make new rules because you think what i did is wrong.

We can, though :p And what you did was wrong.

> Ask yourself what i really did wrong. Tell me when you can answer that.

You double-threaded, then spammed question why it got removed...

> Btw: The rules do not say double threading is wrong, or that linking to another forum is wrong.

Projects belong in the projects, and questions in the WE Help forum.

> Again to stress my position in this matter, i am not trying to cause trouble put to point out a mere flaw in your thinking to help myself and others(people who might want to work on my map but won't ever look in that forum because maybe their too lazy)

It isn't a flaw :p Questions belong in a forum and projects in another forum!

You just don't advertise on the WE Help Forum.

S

salbrismind

All good answers and correct. However you missed my key arguement (apologies for not pointing out the obvious) :

Just because its of self gain(mostly) doesn't mean you can make new rules because you think what i did is wrong. Ask yourself what i really did wrong.

Answer this and ill stop my argument. Thats my real question. What did i do wrong? What is wrong with what i did? Does it add to spam? Annoy you? Tell me im very curious.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to mention that you created about 6 threads relating to this issue. The 2 original ones that were advertising, then a couple in the WE forum asking why it got deleted, then another one here. Somewhere in the area of 5-6 threads, anyway.

> What did i do wrong?

1. You used the WE Help forum improperly for advertisement.
2. You posted another thread with the same thing after the first was deleted.
3. You posted a thread in the WE forum asking about the deletion when it should have gone in this forum.
4. After that was closed, you posted ANOTHER thread, even though your main question had been answered.
5. You are arguing with staff when staff = always right.

Anything I missed?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Projects is threads about your project. World Editor Help is for Help with World Editor. Threads in World Editor Help that link are meant to advertise projects in Member Projects are not allowed. Threads like that are deleted. Yours is no exception. Please do not accuse moderators of unfairness in enforcing rules we have had for years. You have not been singled out you have been held to the same standard we hold for everyone.

I hope this has clarified this situation - I really do not know how more plain about it I can be.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Ask yourself what i really did wrong.

You double-threaded, then spammed question why it got removed...

Plus, you advertised in a forum where you don't advertise: you ask questions.

S

salbrismind

So in other words your telling me the only thing wrong is that i broke "tradition".
In that idea you are correct, and i see now the problem if many people follow my lead and begin to advertise. Why closed the post though? You expect people to just stop posting and listen to the 2 sentences you wrote? I'm on your side now as i say this but it seems to cause more harm(spam) when you closed my post then if you just left it till the issue finished.

-Apologies and thanks, Salbrismind

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If your thread is deleted at the very first you just don't ask why. The best that can happen is: "It got deleted because of x reason. Thread closed".

Some rule just got enforced, and there's nothing you can do about it.

P.S. We know our rules too, we made them...

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, we do it all the time and most people just get it. We don't have to explain very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.