Prevent Shops to Sell to a Specific Unit (Especially to Dummies with Inventory)

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Okay so this is starting to piss me off. The shops keeps on selling items to dummies with inventories, they have one since they use an item to cast something. I can't get it to filter units, it just keeps selecting units with inventories, even though the unit is not supposed to have the ability to use a shop. If filtering target units is not even possible, then does anybody know where to find a tutorial about the shop system like the one in Dota, which is at least a little bit more efficient.

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
Reduce the dummies' inventory size to just one (or how many do they need) so there wont be any room for them to buy (I think it works).

In dota, there are 2 versions of each item except for recipes which have 3. One is the buyable item. It's a 'use on pickup' kind of item just to detect if the buying unit has inventory space. If it has not, it will create the item to the player's Ring of Power. If the Hero/unit has space, it creates the item to them. And of recipes, there's the detector, the crafted item and the recipe (if the hero hasn't got all the parts to the crafted item).

You could whip up a trigger which uses 'Acquires Item' as the detector item, then create the item straight to your desired target if he has inventory space.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Why not just make the dummy inventory a unit inventory? This prevents shop interactions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.