problem with attack speed

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Alright I faced the next problem:

- my stalker tower has fire rate 1.0
- the wave of creeps coming every 1 game second
- so that's 1 shot a creep (unless it's the first creep)

problem

when I upgr my stalker is has attack speed 0.9, and when upgrade again then 0.8, 0.7 etc...
but something is WRONG, the stalker isn't shooting faster when upgraded
the stalker ONLY seems to shoot faster when it reached 0.7 attack speed

Does anyone knows what causes this problem?

MissKerrigan

(when the stalker has attack speed 0.8 then it looks like it cancels his weapon or something just in the end when the creep moved out range)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I dont know about the attack speed, it should work as intended, are you sure it's not changing - 0.1 is not a huge change.

You could try to go to the weapon, and see the Stats: Random Delay Minimum/Maximum and set them to 0. These fields adds a small random delay between shots, to make it more realistic, but I guess you dont need that for a tower defense.

(when the stalker has attack speed 0.8 then it looks like it cancels his weapon or something just in the end when the creep moved out range)
This is probably the Stats: Range Slop field in the weapon that needs to be increased. This field determines how long a target can move outside rangem before the missile fails to hit.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Well, the stalker hits creep 1, then ALMOST another shot at creep 1, but the lightbulb in the stalker retreats and it hits creep 2 after, this happens also to creep 2 and the rest

has this perhaps anything to do with the animation of the attack?
this shouldn't manipulate the attack though

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.