Problem with Item Drops

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
In DotA , when you purchase an item from shop , it drops near the backpack , but if you pick it , it will acquire an item and keep it in inventory . Any ideas how to do this?

meehael

Reaction score
Could be tricky. If you use Unit sells an item event, and check if the unit acquiring/manipulating the item is your "Backpack" hero, so you drop the item, I believe it won't work because the Unit sells an item event kicks in before the unit actually acquires the item, so the Condition won't be fulfilled.

You could mark the item somehow (so you know it's an item from a shop), and when a unit acquires it, if it's the "Backpack" hero, then drop it.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mind explaining more?
Many of our members don't play DotA...

Crusher

Reaction score
In my map you have hero backpack . The hero backpack serves as backpack to carry items while you farm / gank . It is modeled unit with inventory slots .

Now , when hero backpack acquires an item from shop , it will drop the item immediatly to the floor near the hero backpack , that is only when hero backpack acquires an item from shop , not manually from floor!

If the hero backpack acquires item manually (Not from shop, Example : From ground / hero ) it will do normal action : Set the item in it's inventory.

And since you asked me to explain better , I have one more question to ask :
2)
How can I set that you can't destroy an item if you are not the owner of the item it'self?

meehael

Reaction score
Make dummy items for shop(s). And then when a Unit acquires an item check if it's the dummy. If yes, drop it and create the real item.

Hope that helps

2) What do you mean by destroy an item? You mean when someone attacks an item on the ground?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
It is simple: the actual circle of power in DOTA is a UNIT. As a unit, he can buy items. When u buy an item it will be in your circle of power. This shloud do for a basic need. If you want the real deal however, you must make a dummy ability and then a trigger that orders the triggering unit to drop evry item he has in his inventory on the ground. Though if I were you I'd just use the baisic idea.

Crusher

Reaction score
Code:
BlahBlahBlah
Events
Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
Conditions
Actions
Set TmpLoc = (Position of (Sold Item))
-------- ... or wherever this "backpack" is ... --------
Item - Create (Item-type of (Sold Item)) at TmpLoc
Item - Remove (Sold Item)
Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TmpLoc)

But this works for hero too , ( btw this works ) , how can i set to not working for hero?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.