proffessions

zom

Reaction score
ok, so for my rpg i want rpgs, just like the ones in WoW. i kind of know how to make them, but i dont know how u get them to lvl up (e.g u mine some ore, and ur mining lvls up). any1 know how to do that?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
That, my friend, is gonna be something complicated. First, the experience is superficial, so you'll have to display the experience/levels of your profession(mining) through something else, example multiboard. And depending on your mining method, you can add the amount of experience you want in an integer/real.

Event
Unit starts the ability(if it's an ability)/Unit is attacked(If you attack the mines)
Condition
Ability equal to Mining/Attacked unit equal to Mine
Actions
Set integer[number of player] = integer[number of player] + 1
And then deisplay it, through text/multiboard/etc.

TomTTT

Reaction score
I made some sorta proficiency system, but it's uncompleted. It's really hard when it gets for more than 1 player, and more than 1 proficiency. The main thing you can do is as skyblader said.
If you want many levels with more EXP each time... i can give you a part. Lets say you attack mines to mine, so first of all do:
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set GoldMines = (Units of type Gold Mine)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in GoldMines and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Trigger - Add to Mine Proficiency the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Takes damage)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_GoldMines)

To add the damage, this way you can set how much EXP the unit gains.
Then, what you need is to make the proficiency. You'll need these triggers:
Mine_Prof_Level - Integer Array
Mine_Prof_MaxEXP - Integer Array (init value = EXP needed)
Mine_Prof_EXP - Integer Array
tmpInt - Integer
(Notice - all should be arrays since im showing you how to do this multiplayer)
Now the trigger:
Trigger:
  • Mine Proficiency
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set tmpInt = (Player number of (Owner of (Damage source)))
      • Set Mine_Prof_EXP[tmpInt] = (Mine_Prof_EXP[tmpInt] + (Integer((Damage taken))))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Mine_Prof_EXP[tmpInt] Greater than or equal to Mine_Prof_MaxEXP[tmpInt]
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Mine_Prof_Level[tmpInt] = (Mine_Prof_Level[tmpInt] + 1)
          • Set Mine_Prof_MaxEXP[tmpInt] = (Mine_Prof_MaxEXP[tmpInt] x Mine_Prof_Level[tmpInt])
          • Set Mine_Prof_EXP[tmpInt] = 0
          • -------- Here you can change multiboard, show text and all the stuff --------
        • Else - Actions

So thats pretty simple, this one. tmpInt is to make life easier.
So we first add to the EXP, then we check if it's bigger than the MaxEXP if it is, we multiply the MaxEXP by the level, set the level to 1 higher and change the EXP back to 0. Pretty simple, right? :D

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
I doubt he'll want to use damage as part of the exp. Having experience from WoW, I believe you actually walk up to the mine, mine it, and the mine is gone while the ore goes into your inventory. Exp should be based on the type of ore instead. Might not be accurate because I never really took up that profession :p

TomTTT

Reaction score
I doubt he'll want to use damage as part of the exp. Having experience from WoW, I believe you actually walk up to the mine, mine it, and the mine is gone while the ore goes into your inventory. Exp should be based on the type of ore instead. Might not be accurate because I never really took up that profession :p

Oh. I never played WoW :p Anyway, it's all changeable. Just changing the exp.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.